Gus Malzahn out at Auburn

Texansfan713

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No one on this forum is gonna say it because the memes are so good, but the reality is that as long as Saban is at Bama that job is impossible, and the next guy to come in probably takes Auburn backwards. This is Nebraska firing Bo Pelini because 8-4 isn't good enough.

Freeze could probably match Gus. And with it being Auburn, the NCAA probably won't punish you for his cheating.

7 hours ago, catcheryea said:

if you think you’ve seen chaos wait til auburn hires cristobal and he pulls in the schools best recruiting class ever and then leaves for bama after one year and takes all the good players with him

Cristobal is vastly overrated. He's basically the new age Mark Richt.

58 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You’ve been saying this forever but he’s been as successful or more than Mullens.

He's in the Pac-12 and is 24-8 over the last three years. Mullen is 29-7 in the SEC. But frankly, I don't have a lot of love for Mullen after his chokejob against LSU. 

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Freeze could probably match Gus. And with it being Auburn, the NCAA probably won't punish you for his cheating.

Cristobal is vastly overrated. He's basically the new age Mark Richt.

auburn desperately needs to recruit everywhere better generally and o line specifically. and we all know if cristobal can do one thing it's bring in the fat kids

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

who do you want @catcheryea?

cristobal, napier, venables maybe, **** it joe brady

the top quality i'm looking for in a coach is that the person isn't hugh freeze

48 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's in the Pac-12 and is 24-8 over the last three years. Mullen is 29-7 in the SEC. But frankly, I don't have a lot of love for Mullen after his chokejob against LSU. 

Yeah, but he’s also won a Rose Bowl and might win another PAC-12 title. This after, he became our 3rd coach in 3 years. We were a mess and the turnaround has been impressive.

That being said, I’m not sure if he’s a great fit for Auburn.Yes, he’s a terrific recruiter, a great culture guy, can hire a great staff, etc. But you know who is even better? Saban. Mario is a terrific leader and CEO, but he is not a football savant. Neither is Dabo, but neither of them coach in the same state as Saban or the SEC.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Yeah, but he’s also won a Rose Bowl and might win another PAC-12 title. This after, he became our 3rd coach in 3 years. We were a mess and the turnaround has been impressive.

That being said, I’m not sure if he’s a great fit for Auburn.Yes, he’s a terrific recruiter, a great culture guy, can hire a great staff, etc. But you know who is even better? Saban. Mario is a terrific leader and CEO, but he is not a football savant. Neither is Dabo, but neither of them coach in the same state as Saban or the SEC.

we've tried the football savant route

39 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

the entire auburn fanbase when kevin steele gets promoted

v9MrJZ.gif

I heard Kevin Steele is leaning towards retiring soon.

54 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

He's going to win another Pac-12 title at 3-2? Yeah, he won a Rose Bowl, against the second best team in the Big 10 by one point. He's clearly performed worse than Mullen. And again, Gator fans are pretty frustrated with Mullen right now because of his loyalty to garbage assistants. Nobody Auburn hires is going to be on par with Saban. And I'm sure Cristobal will perform well enough there. But frankly, he's the fifth best HC in the SEC, at best (Saban, Kirby, Mullen, Jimbo in no order). That's pretty much where Gus was. If you're going to fire Gus, might as well swing for the fences.

I was honestly kinda surprised looking at how mediocre he's been since year 1. For some reason I was under the impression that Auburn won like 10-11 games every like 2 or 3 years under him. Them only having won 10 games once since year 1/the national title appearance year was surprising to me.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

I was honestly kinda surprised looking at how mediocre he's been since year 1. For some reason I was under the impression that Auburn won like 10-11 games every like 2 or 3 years under him. Them only having won 10 games once since year 1/the national title appearance year was surprising to me.

It shouldn't be that surprising. Auburn has to play Bama, LSU, and UGA every year. But yeah, it does feel surprising. I guess it's because Gus lost so often in bowl games.