McCarthyism Mafia-Workers of the World Unite!

Daniel

23 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

door 1, 2 , or 3?

Which do you prefer?

pick one of these and i will reveal the color

two

suppose i should say this, and this is something you'll know given you've picked up on my hints - my colours aren'tt indicative of my alignment per se, which i am setting to town tonight (i cannot win before i hitch my wagon, er, well, it's not a wagon for me ;)), it's indicative of my character for now until i lock town

3 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

i can tell you this - my hesitance to give my colours, my belief that the subpoena will be able to steal items, and power i can bring to town via my role are all related. i've tried to vaguely soft the role a couple of times in the hope you'd pick up on it @Malfatron

my thinking at this present moment is essentially, the power i can bring to town hinges on me being able to use my role unencumbered -> if i can't use my role unencumbered, and if the subpoena can do what i think it may do, then that is bad, and i would be forced to not use my role rather than risk its' benefit accruing to the communists once i side with the town -> revealing what my colours are risks encumbering use of my role, you get me?

What's to stop mafia from encumbering the use of your role with subpoenas even if you don't reveal colours?  If you are as powerful as you're hinting at, and the subpoena does what you're afraid it does and a mafia power for some reason...what's stopping them from issuing you a "subpoena" either way, just to find out what sort of good **** they can pilfer off of you?  What about the colour of your faction would make Mafia so much more likely to target you, than just vaguely claiming a big 3rd party balance of power role and Town allegiance, which should threaten them anyway?

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

What's to stop mafia from encumbering the use of your role with subpoenas even if you don't reveal colours?  If you are as powerful as you're hinting at, and the subpoena does what you're afraid it does and a mafia power for some reason...what's stopping them from issuing you a "subpoena" either way, just to find out what sort of good **** they can pilfer off of you?  What about the colour of your faction would make Mafia so much more likely to target you, than just vaguely claiming a big 3rd party balance of power role and Town allegiance, which should threaten them anyway?

well i have been trying to avoid this for the precise reason that you outline, whereas if i flat out claim the colours that i am (and i do stress, the colours are not my faction as such) then it is certain to give the role away

15 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

two

suppose i should say this, and this is something you'll know given you've picked up on my hints - my colours aren'tt indicative of my alignment per se, which i am setting to town tonight (i cannot win before i hitch my wagon, er, well, it's not a wagon for me ;)), it's indicative of my character for now until i lock town

white?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

white?

it's not that but it's the other two you're thinking of (guessing it's because white won't show properly on the forum background - otherwise it would have been one of them i assume)

@Tugboat for what it's worth, if we do lynch rack today and he's the third party roleblocker that blocked me last night and orca the night before we'll be unencumbered in that regard unless the mafia have other power roles, which, of course, i do not know

3 hours ago, The Orca said:

Racks has had ample time to come in here

And judges do not dress in black and go to your house to provide a subpoena. I think its a cult 

To me, "Justice" aligned, and men in black coming to your house with a subpoena sounds like some sort of Department of Justice/G Men/FBI/Hooverite sort of weird Town Cult or neighbourized rogue town faction or something.  Real tip of the spear sort of HUAC COINTELPRO stuff.  Subpoenas are a big tool in the arsenal of a fierce commie hunter.  Disrupting subversive activities, compelling them, or information before the courts and whatnot.  Not sure why the assumption jumped to it being a Mafia role.  That'd seem weird to me.  Presumably just mis-used N1 on a blind read or something, if you are what you say you are.

3 hours ago, The Orca said:

Just trying to make a sense of Justice and multiple people (assuming Justice has the subpoena) and we haven't seen another kill 

Then add in Shady is also claiming non town. Too many non town given Red is mafia almost guaranteed 

So no kill and more than 1 person....cult possibly 

This is what makes it kinda sketchy to me that Shady is claiming "other neutral" while being so afraid of what sounds to me like another 3rd party faction power.  If there are two "other" factions, one of them is bound to be up to no good.  And it's probably the one that's afraid of subpoenas and being compelled by the state.  What do they have to hide?

3 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

it's not that but it's the other two you're thinking of (guessing it's because white won't show properly on the forum background - otherwise it would have been one of them i assume)

@Tugboat for what it's worth, if we do lynch rack today and he's the third party roleblocker that blocked me last night and orca the night before we'll be unencumbered in that regard unless the mafia have other power roles, which, of course, i do not know

Wait...so how many colours do you even have?

It was two, now it's three, but one of them doesn't show up on the background so it's not that?

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Wait...so how many colours do you even have?

It was two, now it's three, but one of them doesn't show up on the background so it's not that?

no it is two, but i can see why malf, who's tacked on to what i'm getting at, would think it's three (including white), but it's only the other two, and presumably to me that's bc white wouldn't show up on the background

you're missing the crucial (just realised this comes from "crux", because i was gonna write "cruxial") thing here which is my colours are not an alignment, and tomorrow i will be blue as an alignment

not willing to call it willful ignorance bc i have been semi-subtle with my softclaims but yeah that's the skinny. i get why orca was so keen on getting my colours out (given he was following the nose with rack's [who i'm still voting for given i believe orca as a fellow subpoenaee] report) but i don't know why you're so gung-ho

12 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

you're missing the crucial (just realised this comes from "crux", because i was gonna write "cruxial") thing here which is my colours are not an alignment, and tomorrow i will be blue as an alignment

not willing to call it willful ignorance bc i have been semi-subtle with my softclaims but yeah that's the skinny. i get why orca was so keen on getting my colours out (given he was following the nose with rack's [who i'm still voting for given i believe orca as a fellow subpoenaee] report) but i don't know why you're so gung-ho

Are you claiming what i think you're claiming here?  lol.