McCarthyism Mafia-Workers of the World Unite!

Daniel

Comrad--er, Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to McCarthyism Mafia!  We have a heck of a game for ya, where we're gonna root out these dirty Commies and send em packing back to Mother Russia--I mean, across that Iron Curtain to the Soviets.  Did I mention how much I love capitalism?

OK, so we've got some roles, all of them equal and evenly distributed, in a game overseen by me, the Chairman.  There are enough roles to ration out between 10-20, but we can always adjust that if we need to.  Not that we would need to, of course, the market would regulate itself!

I will enforce all rules as fairly as I can, but I will probably make some mistakes, just don't blacklist me for it.  Not that there is a blacklist, of course.  We're all free to be ourselves with our own political beliefs because this is a free country with free association and....hey, let go of me, AHHHHH!!!

Daniel has been blacklisted.  He was A Dirty Commie.

Signups:
1. MWil: HUAC, The Roleblocker, AMERICA! Aligned
2. Beavis: Red Blooded American Patriot, AMERICA! Aligned
3. Nacho: Red Blooded American Patriot, AMERICA! Aligned
4. Mission: Red Blooded American Patriot, AMERICA! Aligned
5. racks: Earl Warren, Judge of All Trades, Justice Aligned
6. Orca: J. Edgar Hoover, The Cop, AMERICA! Aligned
7. Pickle: John Marshall Butler, Red Blooded American Republican, AMERICA! Aligned
8. Malf: Hubert Humphrey, Red Blooded American Democrat, AMERICA! Aligned
9. swoosh: Red Blooded American Patriot, COMMUNISTS Aligned
10. Shady Slim: Eugene Dennis, Dirty Commie, COMMUNISTS Aligned
11. Joshstradaymus: Joseph McCarthy, The Doublevote, AMERICA! Aligned
12. bcb: Arthur Miller, Commie Writer, COMMUNISTS Aligned
13. squire: Red Blooded American Patriot, AMERICA! Aligned
14. Tugboat: Red Blooded American Patriot, AMERICA! Aligned

RULES

PLEASE READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY. THESE RULES ARE SPECIFIC TO THIS GAME AND ARE NOT JUST A COPY/PASTE OF RULES FROM PAST GAMES (even though copying and pasting my last rules is exactly what I did)
General

1. All rules will be applied through the “Don’t be a ****” standard.  They will be applied uniformly and strictly, unless there is a valid reason not to.  I will try to accommodate people, and we all have lives, but don’t abuse it.
2. You may not discuss the game outside of the game thread, unless otherwise stated in your PM. This includes the Mafia Discussion Thread and other Mafia Game threads.
3. Roleclaiming and/or character claiming is fine, but you might regret it.  You may not post your role PMs.
4. No deleting posts, and no editing posts with votes in them.
5. Do not read the who’s online list.
6. I have a job (barely), a wife, and six needy pets.  I can’t be online at the end of every dayphase or nightphase. If these end during regular work hours, I’m probably not gonna be able to get PMs out for some time. I’ll try to prevent this as much as possible, but be aware that there will probably be some waits. I’ll try to warn you all ahead of time if I will be away for an extended period of time.
8. No dead posting, except for goodbye posts.  You may not reveal any game information after death, and you may not discuss the game in any chatrooms.
9. You must PM me the links to all scumchats, mason chats, or any other allowed chatrooms you create. If your role PM doesn’t mention it, don’t make one. 
10. Do not reveal information you receive in night PMs before the write up. If you do, you will be modkilled without exception. Feel free to talk about who you’ve targeted, but you may regret it…
11. I reserve the right to modkill or replace anyone for any reason I feel is appropriate.  Don’t be mean to other players, don’t threaten to kill yourself, and just don’t do stupid stuff in general and it won’t be a problem for you.  I don’t want to modkill anyone.

Day Phase
12. To vote, post “LYNCH BLANK” in bold.  You don’t have to post their user name exactly, so long as it’s clear.
13. For every day phase, there is a minimum post requirement of five posts, unless a PM says otherwise. If you do not satisfy this requirement, then you will be roleblocked for the night. This is to prevent lurking inactives; if you will be out of town or have something important come up, PM me ahead of time and I will suspend the rule for you. If you miss the minimum post count twice, you will be modkilled.
14. Days will last 24 hours, or until an overall majority vote is reached.  This rule will be suspended for Day 1, which will be 48 hours.
15. Lynches will occur when a player receives the majority of the votes.  If no player receives a majority, the person with the most votes will be lynched.  A modkill may or may not end a day phase, depending on the situation.
16. No no lynches. This rule is suspended for Day 1.
17. In the case of a tie, a RNG will determine whether one person is lynched, all people tied for the lead are lynched, or if a random player is lynched.
18. Do not hesitate to ask me to provide an updated vote count. Any vote counts posted by someone other than me are unofficial, but are appreciated.

Night Phase
19. A night phase will end once all PM’s are received, or one hour after the end of a day phase, whichever occurs first. I will post in the game thread that the night phase has ended, after which no night PM’s will be accepted.  You may send Night PMs early, and please do.
20. Actions that take place during the night are determined in the order in which they are received. 
21. If you fail to send in night PM’s more than twice, I will no longer wait for your PM, meaning a night phase could end early with or without you. I’ll give you a heads-up if I this happens to you.  Exceptions will be made if there is a good excuse.
22. If you have a night ability and don’t want to use it, send a PM stating so. The above rule regarding missed night PM’s applies to X-shot abilities as well as every night abilities. However, if you have used all of your abilities, have no night activities for any other reason, you won’t need to send a PM.
23. You may send night PMs early if you will be away during the phase.  However, if you wish to change it, you must do so before the end of the night phase.
24. Periods where I am AFK count as extended phases.  You may continue to play as if the phase were longer, but you will be risking a sudden end when I get back.

Day 1 begins, problems already

Day 1 ends with Nacho resigned to his fate

On Night 1, squire gets a pair of concrete galoshes

Day 2 ends with Bcb getting blacklisted

Night 2: Pickle's legislation won't get through now

Day 3, a preventable bloodbath

Night 3 is boring

Day 4 will be linked to at some point

Night 4: Orca is forced out

Day 5: The committee blacklists itself

Endgame

Writeups