2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

Brandon Cooks played last night and is exactly the type of WR everyone here wants. A deep separation guy. Most of you would trade Dez for in a heart beat. Brady always has weapons.

I don't really like Andrews from OU. He just looks so unorthodox. Like he's always about to fall over. To tall and top heavy. He has the production but he also played in Bakers back yard ball offense. How much of his production goes away if it was Hurts or the freshman from UT throwing him the ball? Can he block? Does he win jump balls? He is tall but I haven't seen him make an acrobatic catch. I've watched like 4 OU games this year though

OK just watched some more of Andrews. He's better than I remembered. His athleticism is definitely sneaky. He isn't as lumbering as I remembered. He even has some wiggle after the catch. Looks like he could post a 4.5 or 4.6 too. 

16 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Brandon Cooks played last night and is exactly the type of WR everyone here wants. A deep separation guy. Most of you would trade Dez for in a heart beat. Brady always has weapons.

Not really sure who fits that mold this year...Christian Kirk or Parris Campbell maybe? 

Do we really need that type of player?  i mean, I get wanting a 4.4, HR threat, but does that fit Dak's game? Would have Romo's, but Dak just doesn't seem to be that type of QB, nor does Dallas offense seem that type.....not sure I that made any sense

51 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not really sure who fits that mold this year...Christian Kirk or Parris Campbell maybe? 

Do we really need that type of player?  i mean, I get wanting a 4.4, HR threat, but does that fit Dak's game? Would have Romo's, but Dak just doesn't seem to be that type of QB, nor does Dallas offense seem that type.....not sure I that made any sense

Anthony Miller 

23 hours ago, DaBoys said:

With Dez locked up, Twill recently signed, Beasley still under contract, his replacement Switzer drafted in round 4 last year, and Noah Brown drafted later on... How sold are we that Dallas views WR as a huge draft priority? Butler is a FA. They may just re sign him and draft defense again

I think we let Butler walk and draft a replacement that could fill in as a starter by ‘19, but I don’t think we would use a high pick on that spot with all the capital already invested into the position.

A new braintrust could have their own ideas on whether to break up the Dez/T-Will/Beasley trio, but I think at this point it’s safe to assume JG and Linehan will return.

From Fanspeak. Used Matt Miller's new board....

15: R1P15
 DERWIN JAMES
FLORIDA STATE
47: R2P15
 DL DERRICK NNADI
FLORIDA STATE
79: R3P15
 LB JEROME BAKER
OHIO STATE
117: R4P15
 WR DEONTAY BURNETT
USC
136: R4P34
 RB ROYCE FREEMAN
OREGON
139: R4P37
 TE ADAM BRENEMAN
MASSACHUSETTS
174: R5P35
 SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
UCLA
176: R5P37
 CB DAVONTAE HARRIS
ILLINOIS STATE
193: R6P15
 LB CHRIS WORLEY
OHIO STATE
234: R7P15
 DL DREW BAILEY
LOUISVILLE

Draft class could be getting help...

Tony Pauline:

I’m told three starting linebackers for the Bulldogs are considering making the junp to the draft. Juniors Montez Sweat and Gerri Green as well as redshirt sophomore Leo Lewis are exploring their next level options. 

and 

Across the state, sources tell me Ole Miss defensive lineman Breeland Speaks will enter the draft. Speaks has met with several agents and is finishing up the process.

The third-year junior -- who we stamped with a third-round grade -- is coming off a career season, finishing the year with 67 tackles, eight tackles for loss and seven sacks. He has the size and skill to line up at multiple spots on the defensive line.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Playmaker? Isn't that what they said about Jaylon Smith?

Yeah, like that.

Considering what Smith came back from, it's amazing he's playing at all. He (Jaylon) did make some plays this year and I think given another year to heal he'll be the player that a lot of people had as a top five player coming out in 2016. 

51 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

This is a little over the top considering the situation don't you think? He's getting there and has been much better past 2-3 weeks compared to early in season. 

Yes I get it there is an injury difference but if you need me to go back what about Roy Williams the defensive back he was considered a big-time playmaker . there are others as well just trying to make a point, then there is the cornerback from LSU whose name I shall not mention who the Cowboys move up for in a top 5 to get he was also a playmaker

Archived