1st round QBs drafted from 17-20, rank them from 1st to worst

Kiwibrown

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

My issue is with claiming Allen has accuracy issues. That clearly isn't an issue this season. I also have Allen in the good but not elite tier below Mahomes and Watson. The sky's the limit for the kid, but he needs to do it for longer and in the playoffs before I'm putting him in the elite tier. 

Okay... I said that he’s “cleaned up” the bulk of those issues. He’s not missing dudes by a country mile like his rookie season, congrats... that doesn’t make him ‘precise’. The fact that he can throw dimes also doesn’t make him so.

If we’re talking accuracy, Allen isn’t at the top of the QB list. Baker, Mahomes, Herbert, Watson, and Murray would IMO still be ahead of him with just guys on this list.

The fact that Allen can make throws that few others can make and fit the ball into nearly improbable spots, does little to convince me that 30-40 yards away he’s delivering the ball into a moving trash can better than the others. I’ve also still seen some bad misses this season, hence why I said, “still persists”. This isn’t 2018 I’m talking about, this is 2020. There is another level of consistency he can take his passing to and it’s not there yet.

I also still want to see Allen maintain these changes because as we saw with Lamar and Baker that they both had good seasons and then regressed a fair bit the year following. Lamar has at least rebounded some within season and wasn’t nearly as terrible as 2019 Baker, but the point stands.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:14 PM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

And now that Baker has the “stratosphere” advantage in play callers in Stefanski he manages what? Nearly identical passing yards per game as Lamar, a guy who many said can’t throw?

Well the difference between the two on passing yards per game is the same difference between Aaron Rodgers and Nick Mullens. That stat is terrible to compare QBs with but 30+ yards per game is somewhat significant within the stat itself.

Baker was better in year 1. Lamar was a lot better in year 2 (still averaged over 30 less yards per game to show how meaningless it is). Baker has been better this year but it's pretty close. As a passer I would go Baker in a heartbeat. As an overall QB including running most probably still take Lamar and I get that. He just has to keep those legs healthy long term, that's the gamble with taking him. If Baker loses a step he will have to adjust too but it doesn't take away a large portion of what makes him successful like Lamar.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the difference between the two on passing yards per game is the same difference between Aaron Rodgers and Nick Mullens. That stat is terrible to compare QBs with but 30+ yards per game is somewhat significant within the stat itself.

Baker was better in year 1. Lamar was a lot better in year 2 (still averaged over 30 less yards per game to show how meaningless it is). Baker has been better this year but it's pretty close. As a passer I would go Baker in a heartbeat. As an overall QB including running most probably still take Lamar and I get that. He just has to keep those legs healthy long term, that's the gamble with taking him. If Baker loses a step he will have to adjust too but it doesn't take away a large portion of what makes him successful like Lamar.

It’s two old models vs the new hot prototype.

Come on now we can’t take this one away from the Ferrari - as a slippery homer for the guys in purple you won’t see me flinch when our offence in the past has taken entire seasons off and we only draft receivers who can’t catch. We’ve got Dez Bryant 2015 YouTube videos as a #1 wide out for Pete’s sake, and Lamar just keeps balling.

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I feel the need to iterate I’m trying to coax a reaction out of Bengals and Browns fans cause it turns out they are pretty good with the banter 

Then I feel the need to tell you that is the definition of trolling and not allowed. So stop

mse