Saints vs Chiefs

Jlowe22

7 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Im one that believes Winston is playing the good guy role until the day he can get out. I dont think Winston buys for a second that he has a legit shot at starting next year, the money itself says Hill will get the first crack at the job. I think other oppertunities will be more attractive to Winston this go around in FA.

Having said that... No way Loomis and Payton put all thier eggs in Hills basket without bringing in some sort of insurance in the event Hill falls flat. The question is how do they do that? They will have limited resources this offseason between cap space and draft picks. This is why Payton is so desperate to try and convince Winston to take another bargin basement deal with illusions of being the Saints starter.

Would the Saints pull the trigger on a QB in the first round? It sure would solve alot of cap issues moving forward. Imagine Mac Jones or Kyle Trask in the back end of round 1. That basically puts your QB on a 4 year deal worth about 12-15 million total then a 5th year option. The Saints then could invest in all their core players heading into their 2nd contracts and maybe hang on to a few others that they would likley lose. They could build and maintain a superbowl roster and if the QB hits they could be in contention for at least the next 4-5 years.

I suppose we will see, it will certainly be interesting. If their plan isn't to grab a 1st round QB, I'd be shocked if Winston isn't back next year. Winston will have a year learning the offensive and getting acclimated to the team, he easily could take the spot if it's just Winston vs Hill in a QB battle next year. I think the 1st round pick would throw a curveball though and could see us not going for Winston in that scenario.

I'd love to grab a QB in the 1st round and even be open to trade some picks to move up in the 1st and grab one. That would probably be my 1st choice, then Winston, then last resort would be Hill for me.

8 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I suppose we will see, it will certainly be interesting. If their plan isn't to grab a 1st round QB, I'd be shocked if Winston isn't back next year. Winston will have a year learning the offensive and getting acclimated to the team, he easily could take the spot if it's just Winston vs Hill in a QB battle next year. I think the 1st round pick would throw a curveball though and could see us not going for Winston in that scenario.

I'd love to grab a QB in the 1st round and even be open to trade some picks to move up in the 1st and grab one. That would probably be my 1st choice, then Winston, then last resort would be Hill for me.

I remember after the story broke that it would be Hill not Winston starting... Local media reported a heated argument on the practice field on Airline Dr. Between Winston and Payton. Since then that story has beenn swept under the rug. Point is, I personally dont think all is fine between Winston annd his camp and the coaching staff here. I dont believe they were on the same page and its the reason Payton felt the need to clear the air on his thought process of why Hill was starting. I mean when has Payton EVER felt the need to explain himself to anyone?

He only did so after getting a good look at Hill as a starter and then went into full damage control IMO concerning Winston. The question will be will Winston buy it? I think the Steelers are just as good a oppertunity for Jamies this offseason, Big Ben will likley get 1 more season next year and Winston almost signed there last year over us. He and Mike Tomlin reportedly have a good relationship so id keep an eye on that.

I think both Jones and Trask are 2nd round talents but QBs always see thier stock soar the closer the draft gets. Jones is a high level distributer of the ball in the mold of a Kirk Cousins and Trask reminds me of a more physically talented Andy Dalton. Both quality NFL starters during thier time and could be a ideal fit in the back half of rd 1 for the Saints.

Good players

Young

Cheap contracts

Coachable

13 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I remember after the story broke that it would be Hill not Winston starting... Local media reported a heated argument on the practice field on Airline Dr. Between Winston and Payton. Since then that story has beenn swept under the rug. Point is, I personally dont think all is fine between Winston annd his camp and the coaching staff here. I dont believe they were on the same page and its the reason Payton felt the need to clear the air on his thought process of why Hill was starting. I mean when has Payton EVER felt the need to explain himself to anyone?

He only did so after getting a good look at Hill as a starter and then went into full damage control IMO concerning Winston. The question will be will Winston buy it? I think the Steelers are just as good a oppertunity for Jamies this offseason, Big Ben will likley get 1 more season next year and Winston almost signed there last year over us. He and Mike Tomlin reportedly have a good relationship so id keep an eye on that.

I think both Jones and Trask are 2nd round talents but QBs always see thier stock soar the closer the draft gets. Jones is a high level distributer of the ball in the mold of a Kirk Cousins and Trask reminds me of a more physically talented Andy Dalton. Both quality NFL starters during thier time and could be a ideal fit in the back half of rd 1 for the Saints.

Good players

Young

Cheap contracts

Coachable

I haven't researched too closely yet on 2021 QB class, but from what I've seen it seems Lawrence is a lock for pick #1, Fields likely top 5, and then guys like Lance and Wilson going somewhere in the 1st. My hope is for Wilson. Lance seems raw, but maybe a good option as well need to watch more of him. Wilson seems fairly pro ready and could start early on for us. We would likely have to trade some high picks to get him, but I'm on board for it.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I haven't researched too closely yet on 2021 QB class, but from what I've seen it seems Lawrence is a lock for pick #1, Fields likely top 5, and then guys like Lance and Wilson going somewhere in the 1st. My hope is for Wilson. Lance seems raw, but maybe a good option as well need to watch more of him. Wilson seems fairly pro ready and could start early on for us. We would likely have to trade some high picks to get him, but I'm on board for it.

Dont be shocked to see Wilson eventually overtake Fields as the dradt 2nd best QB.

25 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Dont be shocked to see Wilson eventually overtake Fields as the dradt 2nd best QB.

Yeah that's true. At least would give us a chance to trade up for Fields. I'm sure fields will light up the combine with flashy numbers. Keeping Hill around might make some sense if we could land Fields.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:46 PM, whodatworm23 said:

I The point is were all just guessing here and only time is gonna determine who was right and who was wrong but how you go about discussing your opinions and how you handle other opinions determines if others even wannt to have conversations with you in the first place and in the future.

That is why your here right?

To express your opinions and to be heard?

Opinions don't mean a dam thing if ain't nobody listening.

I read you loud and clear and I apologize.  I seriously lost my **** here when that other guy was trashing Payton and saying he's a bad coach.   I mean....for a long time Saints fan like me to read that was just incredibly insulting.  All those years of struggling and ZERO post season success until this man came to New Orleans.  All the years of "AINT's" insults and jokes when I would dare tell people I was a Saints fan.  The trash talk and dissrespect...All that changed when he came here.

And he came here at our absolute worst time as a city.   Nobody would have blamed him if he took one look at post-Katrina NOLA and turned the plane right around. 

He didn't just bring a Super Bowl here, he brought a culture and football pedigree that took us from a joke of a franchise to a perennial contender.  How someone can have such a lack of appreciation for that is crazy to me.

4 hours ago, Saint_James said:

I read you loud and clear and I apologize.  I seriously lost my **** here when that other guy was trashing Payton and saying he's a bad coach.   I mean....for a long time Saints fan like me to read that was just incredibly insulting.  All those years of struggling and ZERO post season success until this man came to New Orleans.  All the years of "AINT's" insults and jokes when I would dare tell people I was a Saints fan.  The trash talk and dissrespect...All that changed when he came here.

And he came here at our absolute worst time as a city.   Nobody would have blamed him if he took one look at post-Katrina NOLA and turned the plane right around. 

He didn't just bring a Super Bowl here, he brought a culture and football pedigree that took us from a joke of a franchise to a perennial contender.  How someone can have such a lack of appreciation for that is crazy to me.

Im right there with ya man... Remember Jim Everett, Billy Joe Tolliver, Billy Joe Hobbert? Lol

All the terrible seasons, the terrible orginazation in general. When we finally had developed players they'd leave or be traded making us feel like a developmental team for other franchises! Lol

As I said in another post... True Saints fans will always owe Payton and Brees (i put Loomis in there too) a debt of gratitude unparalleled to any other in franchise history for what they have done here. Hell, Loomis and Payton tell the story all the time about when Payton first visited here. He just kinda wennt through the motions (Payton) waiting to hear from the Packers, thats the job he wanted But Loomis wanted Payton annd knew that Mike McCarthey was getting the Green Bay gig and at one point during the visit Loomis told Payton that McCarthy was getting the job in Green Bay so for better or worse it was he and Payton in New Orleans if he wanted to be a HC.

Then Brees... He wanted yo be with the Dolphins but thier doctors vetoed it. He ended up in New Orleans.

Everything had to fall perfectly into place for Payton and Brees to be here but reguardless why, they came and then opted to stay when both could have left multipule times. 

Yes there is a new generation of Saints fans who only know this team as a winning organization and it can be frustrating at times but its also these new demanding fans that expect winning that will keep ownership honest and not allow it to slip back into the abyss it was before. Its a double edged sword and I feel ya when you say what you say... I respect and understannd it but we have to be understanding too annd try to hear where others. Are coming. From too.

Ive been onn this site a. While now... Its a real good fourm with some real knowledgeable fans. I love seeing new fans comming in, welcome. Hope to have more discussions in the future with you.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 7:51 PM, whodatworm23 said:

Ive been onn this site a. While now... Its a real good fourm with some real knowledgeable fans. I love seeing new fans comming in, welcome. Hope to have more discussions in the future with you.

I like this place.  I mean some people here are SUPER Tom Brady homers who can't handle any criticism but hey, nobody's perfect 🤣😛