2. Dylan Moses-OLB- Alabama

3. Hamsah Nasirildeen- S- Florida State

3. Amon-Ra-St. Brown-WR- USC

4. Marvin Wilson-DT- Florida St.

4.  Jaylen Twyman-DT- Pittsburgh

5. Kary Vincent Jr.-CB- LSU

6. Jaelon Darden-WR- North Texas

7. Tammorion Terry- WR- Florida St.

This would make me very happy. A little WR-rich though. We would have 9 WRs on the roster. 

47-Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss

64. Elijah Molden S-Washington

73-Javonte Williams RB-UNC

92 Nico Collins WR-Michigan

93 Payton Turner Edge-Houston

110 Andre Cisco S-Syracuse

132 Ambry Thomas CB-Michigan

137 Anthony Schwartz ATH-Auburn

147 Shakur Brown CB-Michigan State

195 Thomas Graham DB-Oregon

in this mock we make several trades, but we end up with a 2022 2nd from the Chargers and a 2022 3rd from Carolina. This draft was purely focused on BPA given the strong offseason we have had with filling most of the roster holes. I also think the Clowney deal gets done, which allows us to find the right fit with a rookie edge rusher vs being tempted to pull the trigger early. There will be a ton of competition at WR and in the secondary, and we will also be able to fill our special teams unit with some of the guys who don't make it as rotational guys on the roster quite yet. 

It won’t let me post it, but I traded back three times to pick 36, acquiring 2 future 2nds, a future 3, and a future 4 and ended up getting Phillips at DE, Asante Samuel Jr at CB, Toglia at DT, Dylan Moses at LB, and the WR from OK State (Tylan Wallace). I’d do that draft in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It won’t let me post it, but I traded back three times to pick 36, acquiring 2 future 2nds, a future 3, and a future 4 and ended up getting Phillips at DE, Asante Samuel Jr at CB, Toglia at DT, Dylan Moses at LB, and the WR from OK State (Tylan Wallace). I’d do that draft in a heartbeat.

Oh and Trey Sermon at RB as well. 

• Like 1

• CLE
    Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB Florida State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Amon-Ra St. Brown
    WR USC
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Daelin Hayes
    EDGE Notre Dame

• CLE
    Chazz Surratt
    LB North Carolina

• CLE
    Tyler Shelvin
    DT LSU
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State

• CLE
    Tutu Atwell
    WR Louisville
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Adetokunbo Ogundeji
    EDGE Notre Dame

• CLE
    Chauncey Golston
    EDGE Iowa
    trade icon
  • 2022 JAX 3rd
  • 2022 ARI 3rd
  • 2022 DET 4th
  • 2022 GB 4th
  • 2022 NO 5th

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Jaelen Philips is a hell of a player, but his concussion history terrifies the ever living *stuff* out of me.

Edge rusher is too important a position, so I would have to pass on him.

He’s gonna be great, but I don’t like his fit on the TE side of formations. I think he’s better as the 1-1 RDE. I like Rousseau a lot more than Phillips for what we need, even though Phillips profiles as a more dominant pure pass rusher. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

He’s gonna be great, but I don’t like his fit on the TE side of formations. I think he’s better as the 1-1 RDE. I like Rousseau a lot more than Phillips for what we need, even though Phillips profiles as a more dominant pure pass rusher. 

Completely agree, LbG. I have seen some mocks that if Rousseau is still available when the Vikings pick at 14, the Browns would make an offer to move up to get him.

I just cannot get around Phillips' medicals. You need to be available. Not arguing his talent - I am not sure we would be comfortable clearing him to be drafted.

Edited by brooks1957

6 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Completely agree, LbG. I have seen some mocks that if Rousseau is still available when the Vikings pick at 14, the Browns would make an offer to move up to get him.

I just cannot get around Phillips' medicals. You need to be available. Not arguing his talent - I am not sure we would be comfortable clearing him to be drafted.

I’m fine gambling on Phillips if Rousseau is gone. Phillips is my 2nd fave DE, ahead of Paye. I feel like Paye is gonna struggle to hold his own in the run game due to a lack of length. 

• 2 weeks later...

My latest from PFNs site:

26. Caleb Farley - CB Virginia Tech

45. Elijah Moore - WR Mississippi

49. Payton Turner - DE Houston

91. Jevon Holland - S Oregon

169. Thomas Graham - CB Oregon

211. Khyris Tonga - NT Brigham Young

257. Buddy Johnson - LB Texas A&M

Some notes after doing at least 200 mocks on various sites:

Gotta get a CB at 26.  The falloff at CB is sharpest outside the top 50 than our other options like WR or DE.

Trading up from 59 and 89 into the top 50 should be the goal, and here is why.  That is the only spot you are going to get 2021 contributors at DE and WR. 

Rondale Moore, Dyami Brown and Elijah Moore are the only 3 WRs I see outside of round 1 that can give the speed/vertical element missing from the room.  Maybe Tutu Atwell can do that, but it is not something that I would bet on happening right away like I would with the aforementioned prospects.

Joseph Ossai, Jaelan Phillips, Greg Rousseau, Carlos Basham and Payton Turner are all guys who could contribute right away as a 4th DE.  After that, I struggle to see anyone who can beat out Porter Gustin.  And every one of those guys should be gone before 59.  

What I like day 3 for - 

• NT depth with Khyris Tonga, Jonathan Marshall or Jordon Scott.
  • LB depth with Garrett Wallow or Buddy Johnson.
  • CB depth with Thomas Graham, Benjamin St-Juste or Avery Williams.
  • Offensive wildcard!  Tommy Doyle as a 4th OT, Brevin Jordan as a 4th TE, OC to stash on the PS or push last year's day 3 OC, or a big WR to be a redzone threat like Simi Fehoko or Sage Surratt.
  • Like 1

I'll toss in a PFN analytics mock. There are elite sparq scores, positional value and to a lesser extent (esp. late) productivity as determining factors for the picks. There were a few trades as well. Thus was a future-proofing draft:

• CLE
    Jayson Oweh
    EDGE Penn State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Eric Stokes
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Rondale Moore
    WR Purdue
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Milton Williams
    DT Louisiana Tech
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State

• CLE
    Quintin Morris
    TE Bowling Green
    trade icon
  • CLE
    K.J. Britt
    LB Auburn
    trade icon
pfn-logo-results-420x50-black.png

I actually like this one even better for an analytics mock. We trade away our '22 1st for pick 40 and a late round pick to grab the last EDGE before the next tier after grabbing the last CB1 at 26 in Newsome. Hubert starts off on the practice squad with hopes he'll progress this season and replace one of the rentals next season.

• CLE
    Greg Newsome II
    CB Northwestern

• CLE
    Jayson Oweh
    EDGE Penn State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Rondale Moore
    WR Purdue
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Milton Williams
    DT Louisiana Tech
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Brevin Jordan
    TE Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State

• CLE
    Trey Hill
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Shaka Toney
    EDGE Penn State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Tamorrion Terry
    WR Florida State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    K.J. Britt
    LB Auburn

• CLE
    Wyatt Hubert
    EDGE Kansas State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Deommodore Lenoir
    CB Oregon
    trade icon

11 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

My latest from PFNs site:

26. Caleb Farley - CB Virginia Tech

45. Elijah Moore - WR Mississippi

49. Payton Turner - DE Houston

91. Jevon Holland - S Oregon

169. Thomas Graham - CB Oregon

211. Khyris Tonga - NT Brigham Young

257. Buddy Johnson - LB Texas A&M

Some notes after doing at least 200 mocks on various sites:

Gotta get a CB at 26.  The falloff at CB is sharpest outside the top 50 than our other options like WR or DE.

Trading up from 59 and 89 into the top 50 should be the goal, and here is why.  That is the only spot you are going to get 2021 contributors at DE and WR. 

Rondale Moore, Dyami Brown and Elijah Moore are the only 3 WRs I see outside of round 1 that can give the speed/vertical element missing from the room.  Maybe Tutu Atwell can do that, but it is not something that I would bet on happening right away like I would with the aforementioned prospects.

Joseph Ossai, Jaelan Phillips, Greg Rousseau, Carlos Basham and Payton Turner are all guys who could contribute right away as a 4th DE.  After that, I struggle to see anyone who can beat out Porter Gustin.  And every one of those guys should be gone before 59.  

What I like day 3 for - 

• NT depth with Khyris Tonga, Jonathan Marshall or Jordon Scott.
  • LB depth with Garrett Wallow or Buddy Johnson.
  • CB depth with Thomas Graham, Benjamin St-Juste or Avery Williams.
  • Offensive wildcard!  Tommy Doyle as a 4th OT, Brevin Jordan as a 4th TE, OC to stash on the PS or push last year's day 3 OC, or a big WR to be a redzone threat like Simi Fehoko or Sage Surratt.

I forgot to mention I gave up a 2nd next year in the trades.