Prediction time: Who's the starting QB for each of these 10 teams next season?

Apparition

Week 1 starters:

New York Jets - Cam Newton

Detroit Lions - Trey Lance

Denver Broncos - Drew Lock

San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Garapolo

New England Patriots - Matt Stafford

New York Giants - Daniel Jones

Chicago Bears - Sam Darnold

Washington Snyders - Alex Smith

Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger

New Orleans Saints - Taysom Hill

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

Mostly because it's more fun to project what would happen if he didn't.

And because if I was him, I'd want nothing to do with the Jags or Jets as an organization.  They're black holes of suck.  Take another shot at a NC and get on a team with a slightly better history.

What Khan said too.

This line of thinking makes no sense. Whether he stays at college for another year or ten, he's going to end up being drafted by the worst team in the league. If the Jets or Jags are as awful as you say, that'll be one of them next year anyway. 

Week 1 starters:

New York Jets - Joe Flacco (Zach Wilson sits until mid season)

Detroit Lions - Justin Fields

Denver Broncos - Drew Lock

San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy G

New England Patriots - Jared Stidham

New York Giants - Daniel Jones

Chicago Bears - Sam Darnold

Washington Snyders - Alex Smith

Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger

New Orleans Saints - Taysom Hill

I’m sure I’ll be wrong on 87.5% of these cases, but my guesses nonetheless...

NY Jets- Justin Fields
Jets likely lose the Lawrence sweepstakes, but they’re still playing with house money. I think they hold onto Darnold until draft day. Ultimately I think Wilson rises to QB2 and garners trade demand. The Jets oblige if the deal is in their favor. I think they target Fields, but keep Darnold in the event their plan doesn’t work out. I see them trading down with the Panthers, the 49ers losing out because the drop in the round would put them out of Fields range. Whereas the Bengals aren’t giving up the opportunity for Sewell. Jets take Fields at #4 overall. After they select Fields they trade Darnold to the Bears for the Bears 2nd round pick.

DET Lions- Trey Lance
With a new GM and coach in tow, I’m sure they will be on the same page about their expectations for 2021 being development of the young talent. Read option with Lance and Swift could present some opportunity gains for their run game. Could see them bringing in a stop gap for a few weeks like Trubisky or Tyrod to give time for Lance to get up to speed.

DEN Broncos- Matt Stafford
Mutual breakup makes sense here for the Lions and Stafford. Elway has built a “compete now” type club. So I think he goes all in and trades multiple 1st round picks (and some change) for Stafford, a proven franchise and veteran QB. Stafford will have the weapons to lead that offense as Fangio has the ability to improve that defense.

SF 49ers- Matt Ryan
After failing to secure a trade up for Wilson, the 49ers quickly pivot. Could imagine they have some preliminary talks with Atlanta ahead of time. Once it’s clear Wilson is off the table, they make towards and aggressive package to secure Ryan. Considering age and the Falcons cap situation, I think they get away with just giving up a single 1st round pick (2021), though I could see an additional conditional pick that could become a 1st included as well.

NE Patriots- Cam Newton
The Patriots weapons are the biggest concern for the offense and I think the Patriots will look to upgrade their weapons in the draft and run it back with Newton before make a push for a franchise option in 2022.

NY Giants- Daniel Jones
Highly doubt they move on. Jones has shown ability at the NFL level and if he can clean up his flaws can be a viable starter.

CHI Bears- Sam Darnold
The Bears are in a difficult spot with their cap situation. They don’t really have an ability to go after some of the veteran QBs that could be available, yet their defense is setup as a win now squad. They also are too good to get one of the better QBs in this draft class. Considering where they are trading a 2nd round pick for a still young 24 year old QB that’s younger than Joe Burrow, who has NFL experience and could perhaps benefit from a change of scenery could make sense for them as the best way to upgrade their QB room at a cheap price. For Darnold, it gives him an opportunity to start and potentially rebound his QB value in the league to be viewed as something above backup level.

WAS FC- Kyle Trask
Ron Rivera will want to upgrade his QB room. Trask I don’t view as a 1st round pick but in the second round he becomes a viable option. With upgrade weapons and a system tailored around what Trask does well, he could provide quality QB play, especially if WFC (guessing they go with that weird moniker) can activate their rushing attack consistently.

edit: Forgot about Darnold and how he might factor into all of this chaos.

Edited by diamondbull424