Prediction time: Who's the starting QB for each of these 10 teams next season?

Apparition

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Mostly because it's more fun to project what would happen if he didn't.

And because if I was him, I'd want nothing to do with the Jags or Jets as an organization.  They're black holes of suck.  Take another shot at a NC and get on a team with a slightly better history.

What Khan said too.

Listening to the Schefty podcast yesterday, he had Lawrence on and he is definitely leaving for the NFL. 

We have been terrible, absolutely but with a new GM, new HC and Lawrence at QB, it will get turned around. The impact just Lawrence would have on the team and city would be enormous. Prime time games, sold out stadium, attractive destination for FA’s and etc.

Trevor is a laid back dude who grew up in a small town in Georgia. I think his personality would fit right in in Jax. He’s a short drive away from home and Clemson. 

I think we will be able to compete for a playoff spot next year if we land Trevor. He is that good.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

4 hours ago, Forge said:

If they are smart, they will walk away....The options are let him go or extend him because the guy carries a 40 million dollar cap hit next season which is insane given where he's at as a QB. 22M dead still saves 19 million which is more than enough to find QB to give them comparable play.

If he wants to keep playing would there be a team that would trade for him at 19 million for 1 year?

I'm leaning towards no and if they would it would be weak compensation but better than nothing.

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Listening to the Schefty podcast yesterday, he had Lawrence on and he is definitely leaving for the NFL. 

We have been terrible, absolutely but with a new GM, new HC and Lawrence at QB, it will get turned around. The impact just Lawrence would have on the team and city would be enormous. Prime time games, sold out stadium, attractive destination for FA’s and etc.

Trevor is a laid back dude who grew up in a small town in Georgia. I think his personality would fit right in in Jax. He’s a short drive away from home and Clemson. 

I think we will be able to compete for a playoff spot next year if we land Trevor. He is that good.

I'm gonna just ignore all that and go back to assuming he stays away from the AFCS.

But I guess at least it's not the Colts.

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he wants to keep playing would there be a team that would trade for him at 19 million for 1 year?

I'm leaning towards no and if they would it would be weak compensation but better than nothing.

I think there would be. Rivers got 25 million this year. Look at the guys around the league. Jimmy G gets 25.5 in cash next year. Wentz 25.4. Derek Carr 19.6. Teddy B 18 with a 23 million cap hit. Goff 27.8 with a 34 cap hit. Alex Smith 19...so I definitely think that there's a team that would give him that for one last gasp to see if they can shake anything out. His game is different now, but he's still Ben, and that still probably means something....people would rather probably have him knowing what he has done in the past than Alex, for example. 

That being said, I don't think that Pitt would trade him unless there was a true open dialogue between Ben and  the team and Ben gave his blessing to trade him rather than cut him.  I Think it's one of those things where out of respect for the player, what he's meant to the franchise, they'd probably release him so he can do whatever he wants. I'm actually kind of surprised he doesn't have a no trade clause 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think there would be. Rivers got 25 million this year. Look at the guys around the league. Jimmy G gets 25.5 in cash next year. Wentz 25.4. Derek Carr 19.6. Teddy B 18 with a 23 million cap hit. Goff 27.8 with a 34 cap hit. Alex Smith 19...so I definitely think that there's a team that would give him that for one last gasp to see if they can shake anything out. His game is different now, but he's still Ben, and that still probably means something....people would rather probably have him knowing what he has done in the past than Alex, for example. 

That being said, I don't think that Pitt would trade him unless there was a true open dialogue between Ben and  the team and Ben gave his blessing to trade him rather than cut him.  I Think it's one of those things where out of respect for the player, what he's meant to the franchise, they'd probably release him so he can do whatever he wants. I'm actually kind of surprised he doesn't have a no trade clause 

I think the advantage to Ben with a trade is that he gets his 15 million roster bonus and 4 million salary. If they cut him that goes away and I'm not sure anyone would pay 19 million for him. Which begs the question why would they give up an asset to get him for an amount they wouldn't sign him for as a free agent.

I guess it depends on desperation.

I suppose maybe they try to trade him and if there are no takers they release him and he gets what he can.

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

New York Jets- Trevor Lawrence

Detroit Lions- Cam Newton w/ rookie in waiting 

Denver Broncos- Drew Lock

San Francisco 49ers- Matthew Stafford

New England Patriots- Jimmy G

New York Giants- Daniel Jones

Chicago Bears- Sam Darnold

Washington Snyders- Alex Smith

Pittsburgh Steelers- Ben Roethlisberger

New Orleans Saints- Derek Carr

who's gonna tell him