Who would you rather have as your QB for the next five years, Cousins vs Carr?

patriotsheatyan

Cousins or Carr from 2018-2022?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Cousins or Carr from 2018-2022?

• Cousins
    • Carr

Carr, but Cousins is now getting underrated on here.

On 10/13/2017 at 5:07 PM, BayRaider said:

Carr all day over Cousins. Not even a real debate. Insert Winston, Mariota, Prescott, Wentz if he keeps it up and we have a debate. 

How are they all in the debate but Cousins is not?     They all have age and upside on their side....Ill give you that, but none of them have proven to be better than Cousins to this point.  Both Winston and Mariota have had their fair share of struggles.    I mean, if you believe both of them are going to round out and be better than Cousins going forward, so be it....but neither are better right now.

And while I would take Carr over Cousins pretty quickly, its absolutely up for debate, especially if those other players you listed would be in the debate.   

17 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Carr, but Cousins is now getting underrated on here.

How are they all in the debate but Cousins is not?     They all have age and upside on their side....Ill give you that, but none of them have proven to be better than Cousins to this point.  Both Winston and Mariota have had their fair share of struggles.    I mean, if you believe both of them are going to round out and be better than Cousins going forward, so be it....but neither are better right now.

And while I would take Carr over Cousins pretty quickly, its absolutely up for debate, especially if those other players you listed would be in the debate.   

Cousins is a system QB with average actual talent. Don't let his numbers fool you, the guy is not a franchise QB. If you would take him over any of the guys mentioned you'd be making a grave mistake. 

50 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cousins is a system QB with average actual talent. Don't let his numbers fool you, the guy is not a franchise QB. If you would take him over any of the guys mentioned you'd be making a grave mistake. 

He’s playing well with a new OC and new wide receivers. 

Not sure how you can say with any certainty that he’s a system QB.

I would take Carr, but not for any talent reasons. Cousins has proved to be a tough contract negotiator and that can prove to be detrimental to team chemistry should he ever hold out. You want him to be a leader on the team, but if he keeps trying to leave for more money, how will the rest of the team feel about it????

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

He’s playing well with a new OC and new wide receivers. 

Not sure how you can say with any certainty that he’s a system QB.

This.  Cousins has proven to me so far this year that he isn't a "system QB".  People need better excuses to deny him the credit he deserves.

These tweets sum it up pretty well:

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This.  Cousins has proven to me so far this year that he isn't a "system QB".  People need better excuses to deny him the credit he deserves.

These tweets sum it up pretty well:

We can't even dare compare him to legends like Carr, Stafford, or Winston. Cousins being top three in rating and yardage over the last three years doesn't matter because of complicated reasons I won't explain. He is a system quarterback, which is why the quarterbacks before him on offense were terrible in 2014 and why he hasn't been effected by the loss of his top receivers.

Archived