The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

13 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think both could be top 24 assets. I think most will be willing to wait longer for Stroud than Purdy. If you’re willing to commit and wait…I think Stroud is a good option. I was considering him if he fell to 1.11, but I was…boy, seems like good value but he’s not being kept over Lawrence and Fields. I could trade him, but what if he is a bottom 10 QB (which is well within the realm of possibilities)? It’s hard to trade those type of QBs for a 1st rounder when opposing teams (Lionized) is looking at a bunch of 2024 rookie QBs.

Yea your situation doesn't make sense for sure.

mine with Lamar and Pickett. Pickett could be okay. But I like Stroud more. We will see 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Yea your situation doesn't make sense for sure.

mine with Lamar and Pickett. Pickett could be okay. But I like Stroud more. We will see 

Agreed. Good chance he’s a keeper for you. Pickett has looked a little better this year, so you’ll likely have some options. Good idea to hedge your bets. Stroud was going your range in redrafter, so it’s a great value with our settings

33 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think both could be top 24 assets. I think most will be willing to wait longer for Stroud than Purdy. If you’re willing to commit and wait…I think Stroud is a good option. I was considering him if he fell to 1.11, but I was…boy, seems like good value but he’s not being kept over Lawrence and Fields. I could trade him, but what if he is a bottom 10 QB (which is well within the realm of possibilities)? It’s hard to trade those type of QBs for a 1st rounder when opposing teams (Lionized) is looking at a bunch of 2024 rookie QBs.

The bigger thing is, its a Superflex league, and you need three good QBs for bye weeks and matchups if you don't have two studs (which yours are great but not many have 2 like that).  It was a pick more about winning this year than worrying about keeper value.  I feel like I added one keeper already in Gibbs and will likely find another later in the draft or on the waiver wire or trade.  And unless the wheels fall off a couple guys, I am ok keeping similar players minus 1 or 2 and moving Gibbs in.  

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The bigger thing is, its a Superflex league, and you need three good QBs for bye weeks and matchups if you don't have two studs (which yours are great but not many have 2 like that).  It was a pick more about winning this year than worrying about keeper value.  I feel like I added one keeper already in Gibbs and will likely find another later in the draft or on the waiver wire or trade.  And unless the wheels fall off a couple guys, I am ok keeping similar players minus 1 or 2 and moving Gibbs in.  

It’s going to be interesting to see how people address QB. The reduced passing yard scoring factors in a bit too. There may be some teams that go with a non-QB in SF, which is almost unheard of. 

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how people address QB. The reduced passing yard scoring factors in a bit too. There may be some teams that go with a non-QB in SF, which is almost unheard of. 

Its reduced but the 24th ranked QB last year (Jimmy G) outscored the 52nd ranked WR and he only played 10 games.  Guys like Andy Dalton and Jacoby Brissett were ahead of that pace too.  If you go by average points per game instead of total points, its the top 33 that outscore the 50th per game WR.  Given each team has to start 2 WRs but can play up to 4 without using the OP slot, that means that over 70 WRs will likely be rostered and if you are starting 4 or 5 WRs using that OP spot, it will likely be one of those guys like Devin Duvernay or Mack Hollins who were not consistent at all.  So I highly doubt that we see many WRs in there unless injury or bye week issues.  Its definitely not the same as most superflex leagues but the differences are there where it still doesnt make sense to not have a QB there. 

13 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d depend on the team…a low end QB is a 12-13 point player. I wouldn’t say that is insurmountable for some teams non-QB flex options depending on matchups

Funny enough, my projected optimal lineup based on ESPNs projections for week 1 would have me start Miles Sanders as my SF rather than Justin Herbert. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

When you got a guy like Jefferson at WR I could see myself doing it situationally.