The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

17 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Versus how the rest of the Lions fans in this league feel about me.... 😂

The Dark Knight GIFs | Tenor

I've never had a problem with you, enjoyed trade talks with you in this and other leagues.  Just wondering why this is the hill to die on and continue to bring up when we all are playing under the same rules and trying to find ways to make them not apply to you.  Seemed out of character and unnecessary. 

32 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I've never had a problem with you, enjoyed trade talks with you in this and other leagues.  Just wondering why this is the hill to die on and continue to bring up when we all are playing under the same rules and trying to find ways to make them not apply to you.  Seemed out of character and unnecessary. 

I am not trying to make this about me & the moves to acquire Bobo/Minshew were not a declaration of war. I had posted on this very thread asking the LMs if I could simply DM them my bids & who I'd drop to accommodate this broken system. I have proposed several alternative methods to resolving this, each seemingly more simple than the last, & with each suggestion I'm told there will be no changes. I'm not suggesting any one of these suggestions should have been welcomed with open arms & lavish praise, but to be so close-minded to alternative, short-term adjustments has been perplexing to me. 

Again, I've accepted that. In the meantime, I'm trying to find a way to not make it disadvantageous to me (selfish, I know). Understanding now that I can't do what I did, that won't happen in the future. Will I attempt to find another way to get around this? Likely. I am a winless, hopeless, godless team. Waivers is just about the only thing I have to look forward to this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I am not trying to make this about me & the moves to acquire Bobo/Minshew were not a declaration of war. I had posted on this very thread asking the LMs if I could simply DM them my bids & who I'd drop to accommodate this broken system. I have proposed several alternative methods to resolving this, each seemingly more simple than the last, & with each suggestion I'm told there will be no changes. I'm not suggesting any one of these suggestions should have been welcomed with open arms & lavish praise, but to be so close-minded to alternative, short-term adjustments has been perplexing to me. 

Again, I've accepted that. In the meantime, I'm trying to find a way to not make it disadvantageous to me (selfish, I know). Understanding now that I can't do what I did, that won't happen in the future. Will I attempt to find another way to get around this? Likely. I am a winless, hopeless, godless team. Waivers is just about the only thing I have to look forward to this year. 

I guess I am still struggling as see how its a disadvantage to you but not everyone else.  The only way it is a disadvantage is if your last guy on your roster is on bye week and you want to drop him.  Other than that, everyone will always have to wait until Wednesday to drop a player who played the previous week.  And to be honest, other the Kyren Williams I don't think this has impacted anyone since.  I could have dropped Burrow for Minshew this week with him on bye week, but knowing thats not good for my team long term I didn't, knowing if I want him for one of my other players I would put a bid in on Tuesday for Wednesday.  We are all playing the same game within the same rules, you are not at a disadvantage in any way. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I guess I am still struggling as see how its a disadvantage to you but not everyone else.  The only way it is a disadvantage is if your last guy on your roster is on bye week and you want to drop him.  Other than that, everyone will always have to wait until Wednesday to drop a player who played the previous week.  And to be honest, other the Kyren Williams I don't think this has impacted anyone since.  I could have dropped Burrow for Minshew this week with him on bye week, but knowing thats not good for my team long term I didn't, knowing if I want him for one of my other players I would put a bid in on Tuesday for Wednesday.  We are all playing the same game within the same rules, you are not at a disadvantage in any way. 

I have never claimed (or hopefully haven't) that I am at a personal disadvantage. It's simply a subjective disadvantage that can apply to any manager any week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

By the way, the Joker reference was just meant as good fun. 

Ledger is a goat. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I have never claimed (or hopefully haven't) that I am at a personal disadvantage. It's simply a subjective disadvantage that can apply to any manager any week. 

I see.  I read your last comment saying you were trying to not make it a disadvantage as you saying you were at a disadvantage.  It does suck, its a weird rule and will be fixed in the offseason as far as I know, but there are limitations on ESPN mid-season I believe hence why nothing is being done right now.     

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I see.  I read your last comment saying you were trying to not make it a disadvantage as you saying you were at a disadvantage.  It does suck, its a weird rule and will be fixed in the offseason as far as I know, but there are limitations on ESPN mid-season I believe hence why nothing is being done right now.     

Totally appreciate that last point. It's why I've tried to make alternative suggestions that can help us bridge the gap. I personally think outlawing Tuesday waivers altogether & just undoing any adds made on that day is the easiest solution. Prevents any advantage & is easily manageable. Most of us shouldn't be accustom to doing waivers on Monday night anyways, so it's close to no ask at all for league managers. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, detfan782004 said:

Wilson is OTB. Looking for younger talent or pick improvement.

With Stroud and Pickett and deep WR group probably looking more Rb talent than anything 

current 2024 picks

1st

1st

1st

2nd 

3rd 

This is my accurate 2024 picks for those I'm talking trades with.