BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

We get into bidding wars just so we can do this during and after.

He tried to subdue me into an argument about Etienne like I was suppose to know the team that drafted him would attempt to change his position. 

Better to see him get into it with others.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Considering the Ernest bid, you have less cap space than DVN.  Why are you trolling him by continuing to bid on Rhamondre?

No, I have more than him because he's currently highest bid on Calais Campbell.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He tried to subdue me into an argument about Etienne like I was suppose to know the team that drafted him would attempt to change his position.

No, I didn't. I pointed out you were planning to put all of your eggs in the Etienne basket. If anything, you should be thanking me for my professional courtesy in letting you know you weren't getting Cook back if you let him hit FA.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

No, I have more than him because he's currently highest bid on Calais Campbell.

never personally felt Blue was trolling me here. I think Blue genuinely wants Stevenson.

No, I didn't. I pointed out you were planning to put all of your eggs in the Etienne basket. If anything, you should be thanking me for my professional courtesy in letting you know you weren't getting Cook back if you let him hit FA.

Well played Blue. My personal limit on Stevenson was 4500. So I don't intend to bid again. Ik he is an ERFA here next season but none the less not a positional need for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

So once someone outbids him in Calais, then you'll be trolling him?

1) No one is outbidding him on Calais.

2) He's quite obviously just trying to hurt a division rival. Which I respect!

3) I'm still going to outbid him.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

1) No one is outbidding him on Calais.

2) He's quite obviously just trying to hurt a division rival. Which I respect!

3) I'm still going to outbid him.

While it may hurt a division rival, I genuinely had Campbell in my plans prior to free agency. I didn't know if I'd get him, didn't know how much competition I'd have and for a while I backed off because I wanted to make sure I got my other targets.