BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Good thing there’s his film vs Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Texas A&M and other teams with quality prospects.

Sure there is. He is a good receiver. And again his level of separation will get even smaller in the NFL. If he has a QB that can consistently place the ball in accurate spots he will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

The only real reservation you can have with Devonta Smith is he’s really skinny for NFL standards. But if he naturally gains 15 or so pounds he’s got the frame. On the field he’s so good, I’d have to consider it high level nitpicking after what he’s done this year. If I was being modest, I’d compare him to a smooth (and presumably faster) Robert Woods. Woods is one of the most underrated players in the league IMO but if Smith projects as expected he’s going to be a very good starter for a long time. Injuries are probably the biggest thing that could prevent him from being a strong starter.

I’ve seen the Marvin Harrison comparisons and I think that’s a better comparison than this one.

Just now, Counselor said:

I’ve seen the Marvin Harrison comparisons and I think that’s a better comparison than this one.

Haha, Woods is my modest comparison for a reason. I’ve compared him to Harrison in previous posts but Harrison is a hall of famer. Woods at his peak is an extremely dynamic player so it’s not an insult by any means.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

That is your opinion. We shall see what happens for the opt out. 

I agree the opt out is a red flag. It’s actually a big reason Smith ascended to the top spot (though his production was probably going to make that inevitable) . He’s been my number one WR since before the CFB playoff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

But if he naturally gains 15 or so pounds he’s got the frame.

I don't think he has the frame at all. But I also think he's going to do just fine because he's just so technically sound.

Just now, Jlash said:

I don't think he has the frame at all. But I also think he's going to do just fine because he's just so technically sound.

How he gets open over and over on tape is pretty astounding.

• Like 1