BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Once he got fully healed from that shoulder injury, he's been a stud.

Very happy with both he and Marquise tonight.

Jerry Hughes, Matt Judon, and Rashan Gary did some work this week.

11 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Yeah this was by far Edmunds best game I've watched. He's been garbage most of the year but stood up big time tonight.

He's been about this level the past 4-5 games.  He was not great mid-season while he was still hurt.

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Feels like Baltimore is going to have to endure another offseason of "can Lamar win in the postseason" after this. Just three brutal postseason performances and one where was average.

I still think he needs some help in terms of weapons. Andrews is obviously very good, and albeit inconsistent, Brown is still a viable deep threat who definitely opens the field up. However Snead isn't really good enough as a no.2/possession type. Obviously they live and die by the run, but that's all well and good when you beat up on the Cinci's of the world but in shootout type games or when you fall behind, it's just not sustainable.

With that said I don't think he'll ever be good enough as a passer to win a title. Like I said, when Baltimore either falls behind (e.g. last year vs Tennessee, when they couldn't stop Henry) or face a zone heavy team with a good back 7 (e.g. LA in 2018 or Buffalo this year), they and Lamar struggle immensely. 

I think next year is the last year of his window to win an SB. Once he's on presumably 35-40 mil a year, it's going to be hard to see a team both good enough and tailored around his skillsets being built. If I were BMore, I'd do whatever I could do try and land Allen Robinson in FA (though I'm not sure of their cap situation). 

Edited by WFLukic

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

So Marquise Brown might actually be decent.

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Imagine if he had a quarterback to get him the ball 😳 

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Missed him wide open on a TD earlier and just overthrew him for a long TD after he schooled.

Yea the combo of Jacksons accuracy and Brown's terrible hands has been phenomenal. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Yea the combo of Jacksons accuracy and Brown's terrible hands has been phenomenal. 

Aside from that one abortion of a game, Marquise has pretty good hands.  Not elite by any means, but certainly not poor or terrible.