BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

End of Week 8 Mock

7. Berlin- Kaiir Elam CB UF

I like Berlin’s corner group of Murphy, Jackson, and Stokes but they can always add more. I don’t see them taking a WR this high with Toney emerging. I also don’t see them going after Rodgers future successor here. Elam gives Berlin a bigger more physical corner than what they have on the roster and will help them to matchup against a variety of receivers with their corner group. 

Adding another CB would be an option and I am a big Elam fan, although I will likely 3Up Donte this offseason.  Karlaftis or another edge would be in heavy consideration unless YGM or another young edge blows up the second half of this season.  

That said, I would strongly consider Burks, Olave, or Wilson.  Marquise is top 15 in yards, YPC, TDs, 20+ yard plays, and yards per game and Toney has flashed, but aside from them, it's been a worst case scenario for me at WR.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

A few really interesting matchups this week actually. 

Death Valley @ Berlin - Geno vs. a Henry & Ridley-less Death Valley. Not a huge deal for DV given their next 2 opponents combine for one win, but will need it to keep pace with the top 4 while Berlin need to stay in the playoff race.

I am REAL glad I decided to add Geno as a backup waiver claim.  Otherwise it actually would have been the Kadarius Toney wildcat show.

@Ragnarok  You have no idea how much I appreciate the fact that you are making a concerted effort to compete  In this upcoming game instead of just laying down  because that would have been easy. I like that you're still trying to do something despite unfortunate circumstances of which you obviously had a no control. You still have a very good team It should be a good matchup.

Edited by wwhickok

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@Ragnarok  You have no idea how much I appreciate the fact that you are making a concerted effort to compete  In this upcoming game instead of just laying down just laying down because that would have been easy. I like that you're still trying to do something despite unfortunate circumstances of which you obviously had a no control. You still have a very good team It should be a good matchup.

No sarcasm, thank the people that voted for me this past week.  It's a lot easier to do a write up in this situation at .500 than it is at 3-5.

And I did decide to 3Up a dumb-dumb who thinks hippie treatments work as well as an actual vaccine.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No sarcasm, thank the people that voted for me this past week.  It's a lot easier to do a write up in this situation at .500 than it is at 3-5.

And I did decide to 3Up a dumb-dumb who thinks hippie treatments work as well as an actual vaccine.

It was definitely close for me either way this week on a lot of the games including yours. You might just be one of the best guys in the league when it comes to writing a game plan

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

It’s better then people taking your waiver claims and not trying during the week.

• Like 1