BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

What was the knock on Taylor? Usage?

I was super high on him at the time and didn't see an issue, but he's an all-time great college RB, checked out physically and not that you need to do school good as an RB, but he had Harvard level academics to boot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

What was the knock on Taylor? Usage?

I was super high on him at the time and didn't see an issue, but he's an all-time great college RB, checked out physically and not that you need to do school good as an RB, but he had Harvard level academics to boot.

I had no knocks on Taylor

I know there's more going on here than just the QB play. But this is the second straight week where a Jets QB threw three touchdowns in a game and led the team to 30 points, and Zach Wilson averaged 13 PPG.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know there's more going on here than just the QB play. But this is the second straight week where a Jets QB threw three touchdowns in a game and led the team to 30 points, and Zach Wilson averaged 13 PPG.

Coincidence but three truths associated.  Wilson sucks, White is pretty good and Josh Johnson owns garbage time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Coincidence but three truths associated.  Wilson sucks, White is pretty good and Josh Johnson owns garbage time.

I mean it's less about Wilson and more about just the Jets organization as a whole.

Just now, Blue said:

I mean it's less about Wilson and more about just the Jets organization as a whole.

I have faith in Saleh.  The wins against good teams is encouraging and he's gotten some really good performances out of the defense despite what was displayed tonight.  The offense is not looking inspiring at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

I have faith in Saleh.  The wins against good teams is encouraging and he's gotten some really good performances out of the defense despite what was displayed tonight.  The offense is not looking inspiring at all.

I really like Saleh too, it's been brutal the last three weeks defensively but it's not like he has a ton to work with. Quinnen Williams, a couple linebackers coming off injuries, and a bunch of other guys who are probably fine rotational players but are really stretched as starters. Not to mention all the injuries they've dealt with.

13 hours ago, Blue said:

The Giants need a clean sweep of GM, HC, and QB. Just start over.

I actually like how D. Jones has been playing these past weeks.  He's put the offense on his shoulders and is doing a pretty solid job of holding it down.

• No offensive line
  • No receivers
  • No S. Barkley
  • Poor play calling by the OC
  • Poor coaching by the HC

As for the GM he should have been fired two seasons ago.  With a new GM comes a new coaching staff and at times a new quarterback, I just hope that the new front office keeps Jones.  I really believe he's earned it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I actually like how D. Jones has been playing these past weeks.  He's put the offense on his shoulders and is doing a pretty solid job of holding it down.

• No offensive line
  • No receivers
  • No S. Barkley
  • Poor play calling by the OC
  • Poor coaching by the HC

As for the GM he should have been fired two seasons ago.  With a new GM comes a new coaching staff and at times a new quarterback, I just hope that the new front office keeps Jones.  I really believe he's earned it.

I know he has a bad supporting cast but he's got a 7/5 TD/Int ratio through 8 games and is averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 YPA over the last three. It's time to call a spade a spade, acknowledge he's got a great 10 year career as a backup ahead of him, and get a quarterback with actual upside in the draft.

Edited by Blue

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know he has a bad supporting cast but he's got a 7/5 TD/Int ratio through 8 games and is averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 YPA over the last three. It's time to call a spade a spade, acknowledge he's got a great 10 year career as a backup ahead of him, and get a quarterback with actual upside in the draft.

Call me crazy but I think you are undervaluing him.  He had a really bad game against the Rams, I think he's worth another look.  

Edited by ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Call me crazy but I think you are undervaluing him.  He had a really bad game against the Rams, I think he's worth another look.  

If anything, I am overvaluing him as a career backup. He has done absolutely nothing through two and a half years to show he can win games at the NFL level without everything going right around him.