Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Kansas City Chiefs GDT

JLambert58

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That will hopefully give our run game a boost. Hubbard played really well for Gilbert last year but he's look like an extremely weak link this year. Hopefully Hawkins gets up to speed quickly. 

This is the key to victory. Not just this game but for most every game. They are a better team when Bell totes the ball 25+ times not when Ben throws 55 times. Make teams respect the run. That opens up things for AB/Bryant/JuJu and makes things much easier for Ben. With the passing game struggling it seems like common sense to me. I guess we'll see.

excellent to have harrison as a luxury to deploy against teams like KC - obviously he's still got the fire left in the belly and the defense has played well enough without him against teams like the jags where we don't really need him (except in the run game in favour of chickillo)

i'm not on the ben sucks train and think it's more a mental thing than anything and i do believe he'll get over it and lead us deep in to the playoffs, because with a team like the giants that's disappointing expectations they're doing so because of glaring problems such as the o line, while we are struggling because our offense, which is a strength, is yet to ball out - very fixable is what i'm saying. a lot of talk about us being a matchup nightmare for KC - we've done it before and this is a great time to do it against and put the season back on track

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Looks like Deebo is going to dress for this one.

eric fisher won't care for this.  Maybe Harrison bails us out again :$

I agree with 43M though, it boils down to ben getting his game to the level required to help the team win. If he is even close to what he was last week, then it could be a game to forget. Can we win this game running the ball and not stopping the run? 

51 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I didn't see an appropriate thread and didn't want to start one for this:

Why did you guys not re-sign Timmons? Setting aside his one game absence and subsequent one game suspension, he has been a very good LB for Miami.

?????????????He went AWOL and has played 2 games with 13 total tackles.??????????????

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

2 games with 13 total tackles

Neat but beyond the box score he was the best LB in both games he played, above a highly-regarded Kiko. Yes, him going AWOL was a bad start but as a result Miami is completely off the hook for all guarantees next season essentially turning it into a team option.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Neat but beyond the box score he was the best LB in both games he played, above a highly-regarded Kiko. Yes, him going AWOL was a bad start but as a result Miami is completely off the hook for all guarantees next season essentially turning it into a team option.

Obviously you know the Dolphins better than I do and therefore know how well Timmons played. The box score stats are not impressive at all. So what did he do exactly beyond the box score that was so impressive in those 2 games?

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

So what did he do exactly beyond the box score that was so impressive in those 2 games?

He's been effective in all phases and hasn't missed a snap in either game. He's gotten pressure on the QB in both games, allowed 19 coverage yards on 5 targets in week 4 (don't have the numbers for week 5 but his play was comparable, he's been effective in coverage), and has been a quick-diagnosing run play defender. Hasn't missed a tackle and has sniffed out multiple screens for no gain.

So far he's PFF's 5th best LB with an 86.6 grade, FWIW.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Base 4-3 wide-9 and in the nickel more often than not. Timmons is playing OLB and obv stays on in the nickel beside Kiko.

Then there's your difference. He was a 3-4 ILB for us and as he got older he was not able to get outside on Screens and Counters etc... He was not effective at OLB either. Sounds like a 4-3 OLB may be his best fit for where his skillset is today.

Just now, Chieferific said:

Then there's your difference. He was a 3-4 ILB for us and as he got older he was not able to get outside on Screens and Counters etc... He was not effective at OLB either. Sounds like a 4-3 OLB may be his best fit for where his skillset is today.

That would certainly account for a big difference. He's also only played two games so we'll see how his legs keep up through the next 12 games.

Archived