Colin Kaepernick

eagles18

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I couldn't care less about his Anthem protest (found the constant discussion annoying more than anything else), I thought his Castro shirt was far worse. Just my opinion.

The National Anthem protest was one of a laundry list of reasons why teams aren't signing him right now.  He's become an extremist that's too stupid to look at facts or rationality and instead attaches himself to ideas only to make up injustices that he thinks he has to fight even though the people/things he holds as villains did the right thing and people he upholds as heroes were ruthless villains.  He sets his sights on holding to past mistakes and blaming things for those past mistakes while neglecting the fact that the country he's blaming for those past mistakes was the first to remove those mistakes, and those mistakes are happening at a higher rate now than at any point in history.  He Tweets about mistakes that some places have to be held accountable for while he's visiting a place that's currently making those mistakes even though the place he's blaming for the mistakes outlawed those mistakes centuries ago.  His girlfriend calls people out for being things they are the exact opposite of being, which has been proven in everything he's done.  He wears shirts of people who were against the very things he thinks he's fighting for because he is, essentially, in his brain at least, a hive minded piece of a delusional mentality that doesn't understand what in the hell they're actually talking about, and doesn't use his brain enough to think outside of the hive mind mentality that he's being egged on by.

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The National Anthem protest was one of a laundry list of reasons why teams aren't signing him right now.  He's become an extremist that's too stupid to look at facts or rationality and instead attaches himself to ideas only to make up injustices that he thinks he has to fight even though the people/things he holds as villains did the right thing and people he upholds as heroes were ruthless villains.  He sets his sights on holding to past mistakes and blaming things for those past mistakes while neglecting the fact that the country he's blaming for those past mistakes was the first to remove those mistakes, and those mistakes are happening at a higher rate now than at any point in history.  He Tweets about mistakes that some places have to be held accountable for while he's visiting a place that's currently making those mistakes even though the place he's blaming for the mistakes outlawed those mistakes centuries ago.  His girlfriend calls people out for being things they are the exact opposite of being, which has been proven in everything he's done.  He wears shirts of people who were against the very things he thinks he's fighting for because he is, essentially, in his brain at least, a hive minded piece of a delusional mentality that doesn't understand what in the hell they're actually talking about, and doesn't use his brain enough to think outside of the hive mind mentality that he's being egged on by.

He could eat living babies, I'll look the other way if he can help win football games. If I got mad at football players for being ignorant, contradictory or downright stupid I would spend the whole season fuming.

Just now, cddolphin said:

He could eat living babies, I'll look the other way if he can help win football games. If I got mad at football players for being ignorant, contradictory or downright stupid I would spend the whole season fuming.

He can't win games though.  Harbaugh won games, Kaepernick just happened to quarterback for him.  Do you think it's just rumors of him not being able to learn an offense?  Do you think it's just rumors of him not being able to read a defense? 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000570028/49ers-Colin-Kaepernick-doesn-t-see-open-receiver

As a football player and a person, he's got a brain the size of a walnut, and the walnut was cracked when it fell from the tree. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Do you think it's just rumors of him not being able to learn an offense?  Do you think it's just rumors of him not being able to read a defense? 

I don't know. But I trust Gase to make the best football decision. If he determines he's good enough to back up Matt Moore, I'll stand behind that decision.

I don't know. But I trust Gase to make the best football decision. If he determines he's good enough to back up Matt Moore, I'll stand behind that decision.

I think the Dolphins should just try to talk one of Romo, Cutler, Manning out of retirement and go with that because Kaepernick would probably derail the Dolphins offense. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think the Dolphins should just try to talk one of Romo, Cutler, Manning out of retirement and go with that because Kaepernick would probably derail the Dolphins offense. 

Cutler has already leaked that he wants "starter money", i.e. being handed the starting job on a silver platter. That won't happen.

I sincerely doubt TanneGase are going to throw money at a couple of older QBs who haven't been preparing to play for the 2017 season. What kind of message does that send to your roster? None of Romo / Cutler / Manning are going to be content signing for backup-QB $$$. 

Would I rather have a prepared, motivated Cutler (or Romo) than Kaep? Yes. I just don't think it's feasible.

The Dolphins aren't sprinting towards a closing SB window. They need to play this slow and smart, and that doesn't entail throwing Matt Moore under the bus for the likes of Jay Cutler. Kaep is probably the best unemployed QB right now who is willing to take a backup job and grind.

Kaep is probably the best unemployed QB right now who is willing to take a backup job and grind.

What indication do you have that this is true?  Do you not remember the reasons the Broncos didn't go after him last year? 

And you ask what kind of message signing Romo/Cutler/Manning will send to the rest of his team.  I ask you... What kind of message is signing Kaepernick going to send to Kiko Alonso? 

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What indication do you have that this is true?  Do you not remember the reasons the Broncos didn't go after him last year? 

And you ask what kind of message signing Romo/Cutler/Manning will send to the rest of his team.  I ask you... What kind of message is signing Kaepernick going to send to Kiko Alonso? 

There's a lot of innuendo about Kaep's salary demands, but so far, there is nothing concrete. Mike Freeman and others have stated that the contract demands he supposedly made was a flat out lie. It's hard to say what he's been requesting, but at this point, if he really wants to play football again, there's no way he can be demanding starter money. If he is demanding it, then I think his whole heart isn't into playing football. 

Also, the Broncos did go after him last year - there was even a deal in place, but yes, they could never get the money right. However, this time last year, Kaep was a starter and was viewed as a starter (plus, I think the salary cut was super steep, and if I were him, guaranteed 15m last year, I probably wouldn't have backed down on that either)

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I couldn't care less about his Anthem protest (found the constant discussion annoying more than anything else), I thought his Castro shirt was far worse. Just my opinion.

I haven't seen that but will goggle it. I'm out of the loop with current Kap events. This should be interesting 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:
11 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Kaep is probably the best unemployed QB right now who is willing to take a backup job and grind.

Kaep's leverage has changed a bit since March. I sincerely doubt his asking price remained the same. You think Manning / Cutler / Romo are as likely to back up Matt Moore as Kaep is?

Zach Mettenberger or Christian Ponder maybe.

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The message would be he's a football player who was signed to help the team win football games. He doesn't have to hold hands with Kiko and sing kumbaya. If Miami's locker room is so fragile that signing Kaep causes an implosion, then Gase should find another line of work. If players can accept Mike Pouncey and his staunch support of the late Aaron Hernandez, I think Kiko can be professional about a damned t-shirt.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not here banging the table for Kaep. I just think he's a better and more likely option than some of the fantastical alternative scenarios being tossed out there.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Cutler.

Cutler makes the most sense given his familiarity and success with Gase in the past. But it takes two to tango...I'm not sure that Cutler wants to have anything to do with football any more (and I'm not sure that he doesn't really want to play). Guy banked a whole lot of money, and is living a pretty good life, and while I'm sure that he loved football, I don't think it was make or break for him. 

Kaep's leverage has changed a bit since March. I sincerely doubt his asking price remained the same. You think Manning / Cutler / Romo are as likely to back up Matt Moore as Kaep is?

Backup?  You're talking about backups?  I'm not talking about backups.  If you're talking about a backup to a backup... Why am I even wasting my time in the conversation?  No offense or anything, but I'm talking about signing someone to be an obvious starter.  Between Kaepernick and Moore, I don't think there's a difference in ability or likelihood of wins.  That's why I'm arguing against Kaepernick (in addition to the fact that I think he's a brainless wonder). 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Cutler makes the most sense given his familiarity and success with Gase in the past. But it takes two to tango...I'm not sure that Cutler wants to have anything to do with football any more (and I'm not sure that he doesn't really want to play). Guy banked a whole lot of money, and is living a pretty good life, and while I'm sure that he loved football, I don't think it was make or break for him. 

Really depends on him. If he wants to be handed a starter's job and paycheck as was mentioned by @cddolphin I don't think this is the job for him but if he wants to come to a familiar offense and just bank another couple mil as a back-up i'm sure Miami would welcome him with open arms.

You could make the same argument with Kaep (Castro t-shirt aside), if he's willing to be a back-up and bank a couple mil maybe. If he wants to be the starter with the starter's paycheck it's not happening.

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Backup?  You're talking about backups?  I'm not talking about backups.  If you're talking about a backup to a backup... Why am I even wasting my time in the conversation? 

I'm not sure why you're wasting your time then, because from the start of our conversation I've been talking about options for backing up Matt Moore:

44 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

But I trust Gase to make the best football decision. If he determines he's good enough to back up Matt Moore, I'll stand behind that decision.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Cutler makes the most sense given his familiarity and success with Gase in the past.

It was reported yesterday that he wants "starter money", so I really don't think Cutler is going to happen. That entitled attitude is about as anti-Gase as you can get.

Archived