Colin Kaepernick

eagles18

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Backup?  You're talking about backups?  I'm not talking about backups.  If you're talking about a backup to a backup... Why am I even wasting my time in the conversation?  No offense or anything, but I'm talking about signing someone to be an obvious starter.  Between Kaepernick and Moore, I don't think there's a difference in ability or likelihood of wins.  That's why I'm arguing against Kaepernick (in addition to the fact that I think he's a brainless wonder). 

That's the biggest issue with all the Kaep debates. At this point in the game teams aren't looking for starters. Also at this point in time teams aren't looking to bring in back-up or depth players with outside "baggage" or anything that would distract the locker rooms. Whether or not you agree with his stances you can't deny that they are an outside distraction. Considering the football impact that most back-up QBs have you're pretty much signing a distraction rather than a player that can help your football team.

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'm not sure why you're wasting your time then, because from the start of our conversation I've been talking about options for backing up Matt Moore:

It was reported yesterday that he wants "starter money", so I really don't think Cutler is going to happen. That entitled attitude is about as anti-Gase as you can get.

That makes sense. I really feel like Cutler is only going to play on his own terms. I think he could take or leave football at this point in his career, so if he's going to be there, he wants all his demands. 

If I'm an owner I'm not signing Kap either. I'm signing someone that can be a good leader to our team not disgrace our country. Kneeling during the anthem to disrespect our troops is horrible and not the right way to show him protesting. He got national exposure for this and I don't want that for my team. Bring your protesting outside the football field not bring it with you.i would  Sign someone that can help coach Up my starter like Wentz. Not be a huge distraction to my team. He's probably asking an insane amount of money too knowing he wouldn't take a pay cut. I want my backup to help my starter game plan, see what he sees on the football field not worry about protesting. 

55 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

If I'm an owner I'm not signing Kap either. I'm signing someone that can be a good leader to our team not disgrace our country. Kneeling during the anthem to disrespect our troops is horrible and not the right way to show him protesting. He got national exposure for this and I don't want that for my team. Bring your protesting outside the football field not bring it with you.i would  Sign someone that can help coach Up my starter like Wentz. Not be a huge distraction to my team. He's probably asking an insane amount of money too knowing he wouldn't take a pay cut. I want my backup to help my starter game plan, see what he sees on the football field not worry about protesting. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He can't win games though.  Harbaugh won games, Kaepernick just happened to quarterback for him.  Do you think it's just rumors of him not being able to learn an offense?  Do you think it's just rumors of him not being able to read a defense? 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000570028/49ers-Colin-Kaepernick-doesn-t-see-open-receiver

As a football player and a person, he's got a brain the size of a walnut, and the walnut was cracked when it fell from the tree. 

Players still have to perform on the field. Even within that system of Harbaugh and Roman, they weren't going to get far with someone like Colt McCoy who was on the roster at one point. He just didn't seem to have the arm talent or awareness. 

And I've seen Tom Brady make a similar error when not seeing a receiver without a man on him. Brady should have recognized this an immediately snapped the ball on this play: 

Even the best QBs can make a mistake like that. Doesn't mean they can't read a defense. Perhaps Colin doesn't process information as quickly as some other people out there, but that is different than not being able to understand what is happening on the field because it's too complex. 

On 7/20/2017 at 8:56 AM, theJ said:

Kaep and Griffin are a little different.

The last time we saw Kaepernick, he was doing bottom 10 NFL QB stuff.  But still better than almost every backup, so certainly worth a "starting" role.  I mean, this was his 2016 stat line in 11 games.

• 16 TD's
  • 4 INT's
  • 59% comp 
  • 6.8 YPA

He was decent.  But - teams recognize that he's probably no better than that, and aren't willing to endure the media circus that comes along with it just to lose a bunch of games.

With Griffin, he just plain sucked every time given a chance the last few years.  Really bad TD/INT ratio, bad YPA, etc.  And he's hurt all the time.  

Couldnt have said it better, this is what owners and GMs are seeing from a business perspective. 

1 minute ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Well, considering legitimate sports media outlets reported it...

It's really hard for me to believe they seriously considered signing Tebow. I mean it makes for a good headline and story for the media, but come on.....

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

It's really hard for me to believe they seriously considered signing Tebow. I mean it makes for a good headline and story for the media, but come on.....

Don't ask me. Just going by sources I checked out. Even NBC SPORTS reported it. I doubt they'd just jump on rumors for the sake of causing controversy.

7 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Don't ask me. Just going by sources I checked out. Even NBC SPORTS reported it. I doubt they'd just jump on rumors for the sake of causing controversy.

That is literally what quite a few news articles are nowadays. 

Tim Tebow hasn't been in the league for 2 years and now the Dolphins consider signing him? Total b.s written up for clicks.

Archived