2020 Top 5 for NFL Offensive Player's of the Year Award

BayRaider

Feel free to post yours, here is mine. #1 being who you think should win the NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award. And four runner up's.

1) Aaron Rodgers

rodgersfinal.jpg

372/526, 4299 yards, 48 TD's, 5 INT's, 8.2 YPA, 70.7% COMP, 38 Rushing Attempts, 149 yards, 3 TD's.

2) Derrick Henry

henryfinal.jpg

378 Attempts, 2007 yards, 5.3 YPC, 17 TD's, 19 REC, 114 yards.

3) Josh Allen

allenfinal.jpg

396/572, 4544 yards, 37 TD's, 10 INT's, 7.9 YPA, 69.2% COMP, 102 Rushing Attempts, 421 yards, 8 TD's.

4) Patrick Mahomes

mahomesfinal.jpg

390/588, 4740 yards, 38 TD's, 6 INT's, 8.1 YPA, 66.3% COMP, 62 Rushing Attempts, 308 yards, 2 TD's.

5) Deshaun Watson

watsonfinal.jpg

382/544, 4823 yards, 33 TD's, 7 INT's, 8.9 YPA, 70.2% COMP, 90 Rushing Attempts, 444 yards, 3 TD's.

Now, I see some arguing Henry or Allen should be #1 OPOY. However, people are sleeping on how great Rodgers season really was. It is without question going to go down as a Top 10 QB season in history, and you can quickly compare it to some of the greatest QB seasons in NFL History right now if you go look. It wasn't just an "MVP" season. It was an offensive masterpiece.

As for Watson, only reason he isn't on my Top 10 MVP list is because of record. For this award, record doesn't matter much, maybe very slightly factored in. Watson's season was absolutely phenomenal.

Edited by BayRaider

I understand Henry but this ranks for me as the 4th best QB season in NFL History behind 2011 Rodgers, 2004 Peyton Manning, and 2007 Tom Brady. That’s how good this season was. It wasn’t just an “MVP” season. 

Here was my Top 50 QB seasons of all time I made nearly four years ago before the start of the 2017 season which took me a very LONG time and a lot of research:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589059

Top 5 was:

1) 2011 Aaron Rodgers

2) 2004 Peyton Manning

3) 2007 Tom Brady

4) 2013 Peyton Manning

5) 1994 Steve Young

Now it would be if I redid it:

1) 2011 Aaron Rodgers

2) 2004 Peyton Manning

3) 2007 Tom Brady

4) 2020 Aaron Rodgers

5) 2018 Patrick Mahomes

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

The guy with 37 passing TDs, 8 rushing TDs, 1 receiving TD, 4500 passing yards and 420 rushing yards. 

Or Henry. I'd probably go Henry by a slight margin.

Allen did not have a better QB season than Rodgers, why would he get it over him? Rodgers just had one of the best QB Seasons and Offensive Player seasons in NFL History. 

Now with Mahomes/Allen I see the argument. In MVP I have Mahomes #3 and Allen #4, while OPOY I have Allen #3 and Mahomes #4. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm against giving QB's OPOY unless another position wins MVP.

1. Derrick Henry

2. Davante Adams

3. Tyreek Hill

4. Travis Kelce

5. Alvin Kamara

Just rename it “Skill Position Award” and get rid of the award entirely then. That’s what I would do. This is the only sport that does OPOY, and it’s really dumb considering it’s usually gonna be the MVP. 

As of right now, you have to include QB’s, since it is titled Offensive Player of the Year Award. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Hopefully this one doesn't get locked like the last one because people want to throw out insults despite being so clearly abundantly wrong. But I doubt they'll be man enough to admit they were wrong...

As for being more on topic, it's a 3 person race assuming we differentiate from MVP...

Henry, Adams, and Kelce as they had historic seasons from their respective positions.