Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

theres no way wentz is the top prospect in the system and top 25 overall with the year hes had so far. thats just egrigous i know you are high on him and liw on wright, but just based on their performances it prob should be flipped.

Since coming off the DL on 6/13

31.1 IP, 20 H, 4 BB, 23 K, 1 ER......30 straight innings without giving up an earned run.

He has been the most dominant pitcher in the organization.

Kyle Wright in the same time

31.1 IP, 32 H, 10 BB, 39 K, 10 ER

Edited by devils1854

10 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Since coming off the DL on 6/13

31.1 IP, 20 H, 4 BB, 23 K, 1 ER......30 straight innings without giving up an earned run.

He has been the most dominant pitcher in the organization.

Kyle Wright in the same time

31.1 IP, 32 H, 10 BB, 39 K, 10 ER

30 innings really isnt significant but even in that time he isnt striking guys out. its great to see him literally not walking anyone but the drastic drop in k's is alarming. Wright on the other hand is striking out out over 11 guys per 9 and walking under 3 and you think thats a negative indictment on his performance?

Hits and runs im far less concerned about unless its a long lasting trend over multiple seasons, and I know you know why. Wright should be getting moved up to gwinnett pretty soon, theres no way wentz should be moving to Mississippi and honestly unless he refinds his k stuff id have him start next year at hi a as well. That likely would never happen though.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

30 innings really isnt significant but even in that time he isnt striking guys out. its great to see him literally not walking anyone but the drastic drop in k's is alarming. Wright on the other hand is striking out out over 11 guys per 9 and walking under 3 and you think thats a negative indictment on his performance?

Hits and runs im far less concerned about unless its a long lasting trend over multiple seasons, and I know you know why. Wright should be getting moved up to gwinnett pretty soon, theres no way wentz should be moving to Mississippi and honestly unless he refinds his k stuff id have him start next year at hi a as well. That likely would never happen though.

Wow.

Strike outs arent the only way to get people out you know, and Wentz is doing it better than any other player in the minors right now. He has a plus fastball and a plus curve already. The strike outs will come. Id rather have someone that has that type of control at his level, because strike outs can always come when you have the arsenal.

Wentz K/9 as a professional

you really think he just lost how to get players to whiff? Maybe he is pitching to contact more, and working on different things than just trying to blow pitches by people.

If you want to talk sample size, then take out Wrights 13 K game in 5 innings, his stats look a lot less impressive. For someone that is supposed to be a more refined product, he is still walking a little too many, and is getting hit hard(given up HR in three straight games).

Edited by devils1854

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Wow.

Strike outs arent the only way to get people out you know, and Wentz is doing it better than any other player in the minors right now. He has a plus fastball and a plus curve already. The strike outs will come. Id rather have someone that has that type of control at his level, because strike outs can always come when you have the arsenal.

Wentz K/9 as a professional

you really think he just lost how to get players to whiff? Maybe he is pitching to contact more, and working on different things than just trying to blow pitches by people.

If you want to talk sample size, then take out Wrights 13 K game in 5 innings, his stats look a lot less impressive. For someone that is supposed to be a more refined product, he is still walking a little too many, and is getting hit hard(given up HR in three straight games).

if someone were making these type of arguments against you youd laugh at them. i like wentz and he certainly is a top 100 guy so i dont want to downplay that. however, youre all over the board.  what kind if control does he have? hes walking 3.45 per 9 this year,  while good its not like thats spectacular.in fact hes never had a special walk rate as a pro, thats reserved for a guy like soroka who wentz cant touch in the control dept.  ks arent the only way to get someone out but it prob is the best way and to have such a sharp drop is concerning, maybe it comes back or maube this is just his new way of pitching. and he can be very good that way but it takes out some upside and doesnt make a top 25 prospect.

you brought in the sample size thats way too small to judge anything from and then you saidd lets take out this good performance cause that skews things. i mean really? wrights walk rate is too high and theres a question of why hes getting hit so much but theres too much variance in half a seasons stats to say its a problem. hes far frok perfect but if youre going in without bias i dont see how you can have wentz above wright based on performances this year so far.

despite my disagreement with devils on wentz being the top prospect in teh organization, i still have high hopes for him. you look at what the 4 pitchers have done so far and its kinda crazy.

Wilson (AA @ age 20)

9.97 k/9

3.05 BB/9

3.04 FIP

Anderson (A+ @ age 20)

11.20 k/9

3.84 BB/9

2.61 FIP

Muller (A+ @ age 20)

8.69 K/9

3.74 BB/9

2.98 FIP

Wentz (A+ @ age 20)

6.9 K/9

3.45 BB/9

3.79 FIP

If you believe Wentzs biggest issue this year is injury and look at his past performances thats 4 guys dominating at the level they are at all taken in the same draft. would love to keep all of them but easily could see 1 or 2 dealt this year.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:27 PM, WizardHawk said:

Cavalry of bats coming I hope. 

rikeys got a k% north of 30, a babip north of .400 and a iso under .150. its smoke and mirrors....

i think he could be an everyday player somewhere but he isnt  a starter on a contending team imo.

Edited by GSUeagles14

26 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

hes really not, just super inconsistent. i kniw things can be hard so i can explain why for you. still waiting on that dansby answee btw.

You really think Dansby is going to hit .325 the rest of the way? 

That is laughable.

and yes, Julio is terrible. I’ll be surprised if he is in the rotation if they make a move for a SP at the TD.

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You really think Dansby is going to hit .325 the rest of the way? 

That is laughable.

and yes, Julio is terrible. I’ll be surprised if he is in the rotation if they make a move for a SP at the TD.

readings hard. thats not what i said and you STILL havent answered. why is it so difficult to answer a really, really simple question?

cool story bro. great analysis. teheran has been extremely hit or miss, out if 20 starts this year, 15 have been either well above or well below average according to game score. its its a pretty even 8-7, with the 8 being well below. but this isnt really news to anyone whose watched him this year, hes eithher been great or awful and rarely just average. if course only commenting on the awful starts is kindnof moronic but oh well.

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

readings hard. thats not what i said and you STILL havent answered. why is it so difficult to answer a really, really simple question?

cool story bro. great analysis. teheran has been extremely hit or miss, out if 20 starts this year, 15 have been either well above or well below average according to game score. its its a pretty even 8-7, with the 8 being well below. but this isnt really news to anyone whose watched him this year, hes eithher been great or awful and rarely just average. if course only commenting on the awful starts is kindnof moronic but oh well.

Thank you.