Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Snitker was right. Biddle is a left who has "owned" righties for a whooping 20 innnings. pay less attention to results immediately after they happen and more attention to the process. regardless of result, to put any weight on 20 innings would be beyond incompetent for a mlb manager.

So ignore the fact that Biddle has given up 1 ER against the 75 right handed batters he has faced this season.

Gotcha. Lmao

You gotta be Snitker’s son or something.

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

So ignore the fact that Biddle has given up 1 ER against the 75 right handed batters he has faced this season.

Gotcha. Lmao

You gotta be Snitker’s son or something.

you are aware of the idea of needing a significant sample size to base t9ur decisions off of, right? 

if not id suggest youd look into it as its kinda important, if so youre not really suggesting that 75 batters faved is significant?

and no, im not snitkers son, i just like common sense. in the last few weeks youve suggested throwing a guy with a scheduled off day in anyway (who also had shoulder issues) and now youre either unaware or dont believe in sample size. 

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you are aware of the idea of needing a significant sample size to base t9ur decisions off of, right? 

if not id suggest youd look into it as its kinda important, if so youre not really suggesting that 75 batters faved is significant?

and no, im not snitkers son, i just like common sense. in the last few weeks youve suggested throwing a guy with a scheduled off day in anyway (who also had shoulder issues) and now youre either unaware or dont believe in sample size. 

So in that situation, you would want Moylan in over Biddle?

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I'm going Biddle at this point in time based on what he has shown us so far this season against righties and it's not really close to me.  You ride the hot hand until it either falters or doesn't produce results anymore in baseball.  As of right now Biddle is destroying righties so he should have faced him.   Screw the sample size crap GSU was talking about because 75 batter faced is enough to show me how he is doing RIGHT NOW against righties.  Now he might fall off the cliff at some point against them but until that time comes you give him a chance to continue his domination of them.

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

i would certainly want a righty, carle was already used and youre not bringing in winkler for one out. if anything its on our fo for not having a better option, and that needs to be addressed if were gonna compete this year.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i would certainly want a righty, carle was already used and youre not bringing in winkler for one out. if anything its on our fo for not having a better option, and that needs to be addressed if were gonna compete this year.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I thought he should have left Biddle in with what he has done against righties this season. Biddle had only thrown 7 pitches when he got yanked. You would think Snit would know Biddle has reverse splits so far this season, regardless if you think the sample size is large enough or not. 

The bullpen does need to be addressed. When it is, I’m sure Moylan will get DFA.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

18 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We will just have to agree to disagree. I thought he should have left Biddle in with what he has done against righties this season. Biddle had only thrown 7 pitches when he got yanked. You would think Snit would know Biddle has reverse splits so far this season, regardless if you think the sample size is large enough or not. 

The bullpen does need to be addressed. When it is, I’m sure Moylan will get DFA.

ifs fine to agree to disagree obviously, however one thing of note... its not really my opinion that 20 innings isnt a significant sample, its just not a significant sample. its kinda the same as saying a .220 batying average is impressive, technically its an opinion but its very clearly wrong.

moving on though, we have a few guys we need to dump. viz, winkler and minter should be the only safe guys. freeman and carle arent awful as low leverage middle guys but we really prob two guys we can really count on. would love to get britton, try and package allard/gohara, riley/peterson and maybe one other arm or a lottery ticket like cruz.

Edited by GSUeagles14

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

ifs fine to agree to disagree obviously, however one thing of note... its not really my opinion that 20 innings isnt a significant sample, its just not a significant sample. its kinda the same as saying a .220 batying average is impressive, technically its an opinion but its very clearly wrong.

moving on though, we have a few guys we need to dump. viz, winkler and minter should be the only safe guys. freeman and carle arent awful as low leverage middle guys but we really prob two guys we can really count on. would love to get britton, try and package allard/gohara, riley/peterson and maybe one other arm or a lottery ticket like cruz.

Britton is an option. With potentially only renting him for 3 months (FA after the season), I don’t think he would cost a lot.

Prying away guys like Barraclough and Steckenrider from the Marlins would be ideal. 

Evan Phillips deserves a shot. No way he is worse than what we have.

6 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

sucks we apparently arent signing stewart but you dont sign a prep arm with wrist issues whose best weapon is a double plus curve. Sucks for stewart too.

Yep. Feel bad for the kid. That said, good to have a pair of first rd picks next year.

So where do think Atlanta stands come trade deadline? They need help in numerous areas....

David O'BrienVerified account @DOBrienAJC 17m17 minutes ago
Mo#Braves starters are 5-8 w/ a 4.89 ERA in the Braves’ past 19 games, averaging fewer than 5 2/3 innings in that stretch and working five innings or fewer in 11 of those 19 games. They’ve totaled 102 strikeouts with 48 walks and 16 homers allowed in 99 1/3 innings.

Braves are 16-17 since the beginning of June, and in that span bullpen has a 5.40 ERA, six blown saves in 15 chances, .754 oppOPS and 55 walks,16 HR allowed in 123 1/3 IP. Bullpen allowed 3 or more ER in 14 of those 33 games, had to work more than 3 innings in 17 of 33 games.

#Braves are 14-15 in past 29 games, and in that span hit .251 with a .314 OBP, .718 OPS and 3 times as many strikeouts (241) as walks (81). In past 7 games, Braves are 1-6 with a .693 OPS and 66 strikeouts with 25 walks including nine or more strikeouts in six of seven games.

Front line starter? Bullpen? A bat? Stand pat, keep developing in-house and wait until next year?

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So where do think Atlanta stands come trade deadline? They need help in numerous areas....

David O'BrienVerified account @DOBrienAJC 17m17 minutes ago
Mo#Braves starters are 5-8 w/ a 4.89 ERA in the Braves’ past 19 games, averaging fewer than 5 2/3 innings in that stretch and working five innings or fewer in 11 of those 19 games. They’ve totaled 102 strikeouts with 48 walks and 16 homers allowed in 99 1/3 innings.

Braves are 16-17 since the beginning of June, and in that span bullpen has a 5.40 ERA, six blown saves in 15 chances, .754 oppOPS and 55 walks,16 HR allowed in 123 1/3 IP. Bullpen allowed 3 or more ER in 14 of those 33 games, had to work more than 3 innings in 17 of 33 games.

#Braves are 14-15 in past 29 games, and in that span hit .251 with a .314 OBP, .718 OPS and 3 times as many strikeouts (241) as walks (81). In past 7 games, Braves are 1-6 with a .693 OPS and 66 strikeouts with 25 walks including nine or more strikeouts in six of seven games.

Front line starter? Bullpen? A bat? Stand pat, keep developing in-house and wait until next year?

i think we're fine on starters, honestly think guys are tired and need the break. folty and newcomb are pretty good playoff starters, need a 3rd reliable guy. teheran could be that, maybe soroka stsys healty or heck even touissant coukd get called up. 

bellpen is the clear need. we have 2-3 reliable guys and the rest is either trash or unreliable. a big bat wouldnt hutt at 3rd but the pen has to be the focus imo.

Midseason Top 30

1.Joey Wentz||LHP||A+(Top 25)
2.Mike Soroka||RHP||MLB(Top 25)
3.Cristian Pache||OF||A+(Top 50)
4.Drew Waters||OF||A(Top 50)
5.Luiz Gohara||LHP||MLB(Top 50)
6.Ian Anderson||RHP||A+(Top 50)
7.Touki Toussaint||RHP||AAA(Top 75)
8.Kolby Allard||LHP||AAA(Top 75)
9.Austin Riley||3B||AAA(Top 100)
10.Kyle Wright||RHP||AA(Top 100)
11.Max Fried||LHP||MLB(Top 100)
12.William Contreras||C||A
13.Kyle Muller||LHP||A+
14.Bryse Wilson||RHP||AA
15.Freddy Tarnok||RHP||A
16.Alex Jackson||C||AAA
17.Jean Carlos Encarnacion||3B||A
18.Huascar Ynoa||RHP||A
19.Dustin Peterson||OF||AAA
20.Patrick Weigel||RHP||AAA
21.Ricardo Sanchez||LHP||AA
22.Jefrey Ramos||OF||A
23.Isranel Wilson||OF||A+
24.Tucker Davidson||LHP||A+
25.Jasseel De La Cruz||RHP||A
26.Bruce Zimmerman||LHP||AA
27.Greyson Jenista||1B||A
28.Tristan Beck||RHP||N/A
29.Thomas Burrows||LHP||A+
30.Brett Cumberland||C||A+

52 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Midseason Top 30

1.Joey Wentz||LHP||A+(Top 25)
2.Mike Soroka||RHP||MLB(Top 25)
3.Cristian Pache||OF||A+(Top 50)
4.Drew Waters||OF||A(Top 50)
5.Luiz Gohara||LHP||MLB(Top 50)
6.Ian Anderson||RHP||A+(Top 50)
7.Touki Toussaint||RHP||AAA(Top 75)
8.Kolby Allard||LHP||AAA(Top 75)
9.Austin Riley||3B||AAA(Top 100)
10.Kyle Wright||RHP||AA(Top 100)
11.Max Fried||LHP||MLB(Top 100)
12.William Contreras||C||A
13.Kyle Muller||LHP||A+
14.Bryse Wilson||RHP||AA
15.Freddy Tarnok||RHP||A
16.Alex Jackson||C||AAA
17.Jean Carlos Encarnacion||3B||A
18.Huascar Ynoa||RHP||A
19.Dustin Peterson||OF||AAA
20.Patrick Weigel||RHP||AAA
21.Ricardo Sanchez||LHP||AA
22.Jefrey Ramos||OF||A
23.Isranel Wilson||OF||A+
24.Tucker Davidson||LHP||A+
25.Jasseel De La Cruz||RHP||A
26.Bruce Zimmerman||LHP||AA
27.Greyson Jenista||1B||A
28.Tristan Beck||RHP||N/A
29.Thomas Burrows||LHP||A+
30.Brett Cumberland||C||A+

theres no way wentz is the top prospect in the system and top 25 overall with the year hes had so far. thats just egrigous i know you are high on him and liw on wright, but just based on their performances it prob should be flipped.