Atlanta Braves Mega Thread

coors

On 6/2/2018 at 8:02 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

The fact that Socolovich is on this team and being used before Winkler and Viz is f’in laughable.

thats not what happened, you cant use your best relievers every day or youre gonna kill their arms. context matters.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

@devils1854 who are you hoping for in the 1st tonight? kinda seems like well be choosing from swaggerty/gorman/ best arm remaining.

1. Travis Swaggerty
  2. Carter Stewart
  3. Jarred Kelenic
  4. Nolan Gorman
  5. Ethan Hankins

Do not want any college pitcher, Joey Bart, Jonathan India, or Kumar Rocker.

Second round, Parker Meadows, Tristan Pompey, Konnor Pilkington, Josh Breaux, Ryder Green.

49 minutes ago, devils1854 said:
  1. Travis Swaggerty
  2. Carter Stewart
  3. Jarred Kelenic
  4. Nolan Gorman
  5. Ethan Hankins

Do not want any college pitcher, Joey Bart, Jonathan India, or Kumar Rocker.

Second round, Parker Meadows, Tristan Pompey, Konnor Pilkington, Josh Breaux, Ryder Green.

i doubt he'll be there anyway, but why dont you like Bart? you dont think he'll hit enough?

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i doubt he'll be there anyway, but why dont you like Bart? you dont think he'll hit enough?

Way too much swing and miss in college. Doesnt really translate well to the next level. He has an all or nothing swing. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

thats not what happened, you cant use your best relievers every day or youre gonna kill their arms. context matters.

From May 17 to June 1, he threw a total of 38 pitches. You’re gonna tell me he couldn’t pitch on June 2?

edit: Viz ^^^

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

58 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

From May 17 to June 1, he threw a total of 38 pitches. You’re gonna tell me he couldn’t pitch on June 2?

edit: Viz ^^^

you picking arbitary dates doesnt change anything. i m not sure why i would need to tell you when snitker is on record as it being ann off day for both guys. maybe viz told him he was tight that day, who knows but its really not that complicated.

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you picking arbitary dates doesnt change anything. i m not sure why i would need to tell you when snitker is on record as it being ann off day for both guys. maybe viz told him he was tight that day, who knows but its really not that complicated.

He said it after I made that post. Lol

38 pitches in a 16 day stretch and he can’t be used in a 14 IP game. Because going with Socolovich over Viz is always the smart thing to do. It’s no secret Snitker makes some questionable decisions, especially when it comes to the pen, this is one of those times.

23 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He said it after I made that post. Lol

38 pitches in a 16 day stretch and he can’t be used in a 14 IP game. Because going with Socolovich over Viz is always the smart thing to do. It’s no secret Snitker makes some questionable decisions, especially when it comes to the pen, this is one of those times.

but yet youve stuck with the same opinion... smart.

not being short sided and having a plan isnt questionable, its being smart. setting a plan to have an rest day for those guys and then ignoring it would be plain stupid. why do you keep saying socolovich was used over viz even though you know that isnt the case? What are you getting at, or are you saying you read the quote but really didnt?

34 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

but yet youve stuck with the same opinion... smart.

not being short sided and having a plan isnt questionable, its being smart. setting a plan to have an rest day for those guys and then ignoring it would be plain stupid. why do you keep saying socolovich was used over viz even though you know that isnt the case? What are you getting at, or are you saying you read the quote but really didnt?

Uhhh yea I have stuck with the same opinion that using Socolovich in that situation was horrible. I don’t care if you planned to give Viz a day off, still terrible managing.  Planned is the key word. He probably didn’t plan for the game to go 14 IP either. Once he put in Socolovich, he conceded the game right there.

He also yanked B-Mac after 84 pitches when he retired 10 of the last 11 hitters he faced. Freeman comes in and Soto takes him deep to tie the game. No reason to take McCarthy out in that situation, especially with the “planned” days off for Winkler and Viz.

22 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Uhhh yea I have stuck with the same opinion that using Socolovich in that situation was horrible. I don’t care if you planned to give Viz a day off, still terrible managing.  Planned is the key word. He probably didn’t plan for the game to go 14 IP either. Once he put in Socolovich, he conceded the game right there.

He also yanked B-Mac after 84 pitches when he retired 10 of the last 11 hitters he faced. Freeman comes in and Soto takes him deep to tie the game. No reason to take McCarthy out in that situation, especially with the “planned” days off for Winkler and Viz.

mccarthy has thrown more than 90 only twice all year, its pretty clear hes on a cap which makes sense give his injuries. it was a new frame, he was sitting at 85 and had a lefty coming up. gosh darn that pesky logic.

and you dont jeopardize player health or the long term season for one inning in june. it was a scheduled off day, he very likely told them ahead off time, its just not worth it. you and dusty baker would prob really hit it off though

17 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Teheran had a nice lil 4 or so game stretch. But he went right back to being who he is. Walks and homeruns and praying he gets out of 1st inning without giving up a run. 

Just landed on the DL. Maybe by some miracle he won’t get his spot back.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Just landed on the DL. Maybe by some miracle he won’t get his spot back.

Your a lil rough on him. He still can be a 4th or 5th pitcher in a good rotation. We could do much worse than him in that spot.