2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Apologies if this has been covered  but KPL. Signed cheap enough - why did we let him walk. He played fairly well I thought .

Maybe we really are considering a 5-2 or 4-2-5 defense with Landon playing a hybrid LB/S role.

9 hours ago, daskins said:

A guy that has easy 4K+yd ability might make it a little easier and cheaper to get those type of guys in.

Uhh, Fitz has never hit four thousand yards in his career.  He came close in 2015 (3,905) and might have made it, except he turned FitzTragic.  Imploded in the final game and the Jets missed the playoffs as a result.

He might make a WR a bit more likely to sign, but I don't think he moves the needle all that much.

• Like 2

It’s no fun being a downer, so hopefully the next couple days are a bit more fun with them looking at skill position talent to help boost Fitz’s prospects here, as well as a little defense.

That said, I opened Instagram when I woke up and was greeted by a post advising that Curtis Samuel and Marvin Jones are two receivers to keep an eye on. And as much as I hate the idea of paying Curtis Samuel, my immediate reaction was “Yikes...Curtis Samuel please!” 😂

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You've been indoctrinated by a culture of "winning the offseason". It takes time to get used to change. 

You Got This Yes We Can GIF by Sherchle

We haven’t won the off-season in like 11 years dude. Now we either overpay a scrub or sign nobody. We went from one extreme to the other. There’s no real plan. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, noptov52 said:

Uhh, Fitz has never hit four thousand yards in his career.  He came close in 2015 (3,905) and might have made it, except he turned FitzTragic.  Imploded in the final game and the Jets missed the playoffs as a result.

He might make a WR a bit more likely to sign, but I don't think he moves the needle all that much.

If that is a decent WR who signs for a few years and gives us good/great production? Then good.