Interesting read on the analytics of Tua's first season.

Phinsesq

Those metrics support what we already knew:  Dolphins' receivers are among the league worst in creating separation. 

What I didn't already know is the receivers are the league's worst in yards after catch, with a running game that was the league's worst in yards after contact. 

Ranking almost last in creating separation, and ranking dead last in those two other categories is bad, very bad. 

Salguero is saying that 3 anonymous defensive players already evaluated tua and he isn't the answer between his arm strength, inability to go off script and run along with other issues they have seen since training camp. I think it is interesting that they are coming out and saying this stuff. Whether it is true or not about tua you keep that stuff in house. Do not see what the benefit of this was unless those players are trying to pressure the front office to find a different qb. Will be interesting to see how the Dolphins handle the offseason.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Salguero is saying that 3 anonymous defensive players already evaluated tua and he isn't the answer between his arm strength, inability to go off script and run along with other issues they have seen since training camp. I think it is interesting that they are coming out and saying this stuff. Whether it is true or not about tua you keep that stuff in house. Do not see what the benefit of this was unless those players are trying to pressure the front office to find a different qb. Will be interesting to see how the Dolphins handle the offseason.

Read that article as well, Tua will either prove he belongs or doesn't but I do not believe there has been enough time to make that determination. Of course I don't know if any defensive player should talk about any player being a long term solution, the way the defense collapsed over the last few weeks. If anything Miami has shown a recent tendency to ship out those players who are not buying into the coaches plan for the future. The season is recently over for Miami some emotions are likely raw as well. 

No training camp. 10 months from major hip surgery. Countless WR hurt multiple games. 3 rookies on OL. Zero running game. 

Yep. Tua isn’t the answer.  🤦🏻

The run game was so bad, defenses could rush 4 (and still get pressure) and sit 7 in coverage.

Tua won a game with Mack Hollins, Malcolm Perry, Isaiah Ford and Lynn Bowden as his WR. 

Not to take anything away from Joe Burrow but their Top 4 WR would start for Miami.

Herbert has Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry and Eckler.  You telling me those 4 targets wouldn't help Tua? 

if you’re wanting a guy that throws for 4500 yards and 45 TDs every year, you should find a new team to root for. It’s very evident this team will be built a lot like the early 2000’s Ravens. Defense and ball security. 

For me, the biggest head scratcher to me about the 2020 season was how bad Grier missed on Igbanogane.  Taken before Edwards-Helaire, Swift, Akers, Dobbins, T. Higgins, J. Taylor and Claypool.  Hindsight is 2020. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 12:44 PM, Rgossett07 said:

No training camp. 10 months from major hip surgery. Countless WR hurt multiple games. 3 rookies on OL. Zero running game. 

Yep. Tua isn’t the answer.  🤦🏻

The run game was so bad, defenses could rush 4 (and still get pressure) and sit 7 in coverage.

Tua won a game with Mack Hollins, Malcolm Perry, Isaiah Ford and Lynn Bowden as his WR. 

Not to take anything away from Joe Burrow but their Top 4 WR would start for Miami.

Herbert has Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry and Eckler.  You telling me those 4 targets wouldn't help Tua? 

if you’re wanting a guy that throws for 4500 yards and 45 TDs every year, you should find a new team to root for. It’s very evident this team will be built a lot like the early 2000’s Ravens. Defense and ball security. 

For me, the biggest head scratcher to me about the 2020 season was how bad Grier missed on Igbanogane.  Taken before Edwards-Helaire, Swift, Akers, Dobbins, T. Higgins, J. Taylor and Claypool.  Hindsight is 2020. 

Igbinoghene was a head-scratching reach at the time, too. Was hoping to be pleasantly proven otherwise, but was a rough rookie year for him.

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Igbinoghene was a head-scratching reach at the time, too. Was hoping to be pleasantly proven otherwise, but was a rough rookie year for him.

The pick gave me flashbacks of Jamar Fletcher. The rookie year gave me flashbacks of Jamar Fletcher. 

• Like 1