Madden 18

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I play this game way too much and just saw something I've never seen before. A draft prospect with an 8.0 combine score...I feel like I have to trade up and get him ?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen higher then 7.6. Should double check the combine performance scores anyways . I’m sure it’ll check out but at times high combine score doesn’t always lead to high overall or superstar dev. I’ve seen players with a 7.3 but the better scores were categories not associated with their position. They end up with a 71-74 overall and slow dev. 

35 minutes ago, stallyns said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen higher then 7.6. Should double check the combine performance scores anyways . I’m sure it’ll check out but at times high combine score doesn’t always lead to high overall or superstar dev. I’ve seen players with a 7.3 but the better scores were categories not associated with their position. They end up with a 71-74 overall and slow dev. 

The 8.0 did hold up, ranked number 1 for his position (FS) in 40 (4.40), vert (39.8"), 3-cone (6.73) shuttle (3.91) and bench (28 reps)...top three skills were a B+ hit power, B- zone coverage, B- pursuit...I actually did have a need at FS so I did go ahead and trade up to 6 to get him (was projected mid-1st...but was easily the top S so I didn't want to risk someone who needed one to ****** him up)....ended up being an 82 overall....unfortunately only a normal dev trait though>:(

EDIT:

Seriously? We're banning words that *could* mean something dirty but have legitimate non dirty uses now? (the word rhymed with batch for those who couldn't guess)

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Speaking of rookies and overalls and dev traits and such...what's the highest rated rookie you guys have seen? The highest I've seen was an 87 overall QB (superstar dev trait)...was furious I didn't need a QB that year, lol.:D

Mine was a QB 85/Superstar who was a mid second round prospect. I took him with the 28th pick in the first round. And traded Andrew Luck to the Bills for an 85/26 yo MLB and a 6th immediately. 

I actually saw a kicker with a 4th round grade. I had extra picks and picked him. He was only a 72 (98 power!) But he had Superstar development. That's a first lol.

Best I saw was when the Packers once drafted a 7th round WR that was 80 with superstar development (he was 6'7"!) And the Giants drafted a DT that was a MONSTER. 80+ speed and 97 strength. 80ish overall. He was only 21. When I scouted him, his stats didn't even look good and his combine didn't show all that. I was so mad I missed out on that one. 

I've found some major steals though. I drafted a superstar development QB in the 5th once. Only had 84 arm strength ? but had 86 speed. He was only a 70 when I picked him.

Also, some advice when drafting. 

DO NOT PICK WR OR DE WITHOUT SCOUTING THREE TIMES!!!!

You'll regret it.

Just because you see two great attributes doesn't mean they're any good. WR will have B+ catching and Something else, then realize they have zero release or route running and find out you picked a bust. 

DE will have good power moves or tackling, then realize they can't she'd blocks and have zero finesse moves and they're garbage.

OL are something you pass on early unless all three attributes you scout are at least B. I've found some serious late-round steals at OL. Especially at OG.

Archived