Saleh New HC Mock

Bobby816

On 1/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, KodiakThunder said:

I'd rather sign Leonard Fournette and use that pick on an OL, Pass Rush, TE, or CB.

Fournette will be cheap, hes young and he's proven.  We arent going to be a power running team so Etienne makes more sense than Harris does anyway. 

LF isn't a lead back. He gets injured too often for that role. Cant be an inevitable LF injury away from starting Perine

I like free agency but I would like to see us add another CB. Poole/Austin/Hall as our top 3 going into the draft is sketchy. What if the board doesn't fall our way? We can't be an injury away from Lamar Jackson and Javelin Guidry being on the field again. I expect that we'll give a look to any of the 49er free agent CB's - Sherman, Witherspoon, or K'Wuan Williams.

As for the draft, as much as I love Devonta Smith I think that would be overkill at the WR position after signing Godwin. We just drafted Mims last year and he showed promise. We're effectively burying him on the depth chart because Godwin and Smith wouldn't be going anywhere for a while. I do want to add another WR, maybe even two, but later on in the draft. This is a super deep class with guys like Tylan Wallace, Kadarius Toney, Cornell Powell just to name a few that can easily be had in round 3 or 4. They aren't Devonta Smith, but they also don't force you to start Sam Darold next year. And speaking of which...

... I cannot get on board with Darnold next year either. We're really going to go into 2021 with a guy that couldn't even throw for double digit TD's last year in his THIRD YEAR??? If he hasn't shown it in NY yet then he never will. The guy needs a change of scenery. As I said a few days ago, I think the Darnold talk was coach speak and it was just a hunch by Schefter. Logic WILL prevail and we will not squander the opportunity to get a new QB with that pick, whether it be Watson, Fields, or Wilson (hoping for the latter). 

Also, like @J-ALL-DAYsaid, I wouldn't expect us to go RB tooooo early. He's bringing over a guy from the Shanahan system, if anything I'd be betting that we don't go RB till round 3-4 (Kenneth Gainwell would be nice). 

I expect us to continue building the trenches early, so I like the logic on the Leatherwood pick, just not sure if he's the guy I'd choose there. I could see us pulling the trigger on o-line where you have us taking Harris in the form of someone like Jalen Mayfield, Alijah Vera-Tucker, or Wyatt Davis and then double-dipping on defense to shore up the front 7 and secondary before getting some steals on weapons in round 3-4 where the value is greatest. Build the team from the inside out.

All in all, I would approached it a bit differently but you touched all major needs, I just don't like the idea of rolling with Darnold in 2021. 

• Like 1