Edited Post Super Bowl Mock. With Trades including Deshaun Watson. RD 3 Added 2/24/21, Compensatory picks pending

brushmyhair

4 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Pretty solid mock..

As a Bills fan, I do like the Friermuth selection

As a Bills fan, I really do not like you giving the Dolphins Sewell and Waddle

Well you shouldn't have beat them week 17. Picking a bit later would have prevented such an easy trade for Miami

7 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

If the draft played out as the way it's currently set up, You wouldn't consider taking the best player available by far?

I would dispute that he's the best player by far.  In the hypothetical scenario that he is the best remaining player, by far, then yeah, you take him, but it doesn't help the team.  But if the logic is that the gap is that wide between him and everyone else, then the same logic applies to the two or three teams in front of the Titans.

The Titans spent their second on a CB last draft.  It makes no sense for them to draft one in the first this year.  Especially when they desperately need help at both Edge and DL, and less desperately need help at WR, TE, and ILB.

22 hours ago, Daniel said:

I would dispute that he's the best player by far.  In the hypothetical scenario that he is the best remaining player, by far, then yeah, you take him, but it doesn't help the team.  But if the logic is that the gap is that wide between him and everyone else, then the same logic applies to the two or three teams in front of the Titans.

The Titans spent their second on a CB last draft.  It makes no sense for them to draft one in the first this year.  Especially when they desperately need help at both Edge and DL, and less desperately need help at WR, TE, and ILB.

Fortify the secondary to make it strong. Would you prefer Basham?

16 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

The Jets are going to spend big to get him.

Big?!? It’s idiotic to think not only would we trade first round picks but include #2 which by itself could garner a further draft haul of multiple first round picks. In essence with a trade back your deal could equate to 7/8 first round picks. 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Big?!? It’s idiotic to think not only would we trade first round picks but include #2 which by itself could garner a further draft haul of multiple first round picks. In essence with a trade back your deal could equate to 7/8 first round picks. 

At the very least it's going to be 4. If the Bears are dumb enough to trade 2 first rd picks for Wentz, You better believe that it'll cost 5 first rd picks to get Watson. That stafford trade was bad because it set the tone

11 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

At the very least it's going to be 4. If the Bears are dumb enough to trade 2 first rd picks for Wentz, You better believe that it'll cost 5 first rd picks to get Watson. That stafford trade was bad because it set the tone

4 first round picks if your SF or Chicago sure but not if your holding #2. Can’t just lump everyone in the same bracket. 

Case in point; if Chicago with their #20th pick wanted to trade up to #2, the trade value chart (let’s just use that for ease) would mean they’d have to trade 3x 1st round picks and more just to equal the #2 pick. 

There has to be a level of continuity to these hypothetical trades. Can’t undervalue really high picks on one hand but then use them in other draft trades being worth a bounty of picks. 

Oh and just a quick one; anyone trading two first round picks for Carson Wentz would need their head testing. If Chicago give up two firsts for him then I just hope the Jets look at that as a horrific deal and not something to judge a Deshaun Watson trade off. 

Edited by xenajets

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

4 first round picks if your SF or Chicago sure but not if your holding #2. Can’t just lump everyone in the same bracket. 

Case in point; if Chicago with their #20th pick wanted to trade up to #2, the trade value chart (let’s just use that for ease) would mean they’d have to trade 3x 1st round picks and more just to equal the #2 pick. 

There has to be a level of continuity to these hypothetical trades. Can’t undervalue really high picks on one hand but then use them in other draft trades being worth a bounty of picks. 

Oh and just a quick one; anyone trading two first round picks for Carson Wentz would need their head testing. If Chicago give up two firsts for him then I just hope the Jets look at that as a horrific deal and not something to judge a Deshaun Watson trade off. 

This is crazy for a Dolphins fan....but I'm agreeing with a Jets fan lol.  That #2 overall pick likely isn't viewed as just a first round pick by Front Offices, especially in a very good QB draft like 2021 is.  If the Jets were to trade for Watson I could see them paying #2 in 2021, 1st rounders in 22 and 23, perhaps 2 later round picks, and maybe a player (Darnold?).....and that's a lot for a team with NEEDS.  I don't see ANY team paying 5 first round picks for Watson.  Fans are looking at Watson's stats from last season and disregarding the Texans' 2020 season record and the probability that Watson wants to have a say so in Front Office moves.......What NFL Front Office is going to highly pursue a player that demands a spot at the decision making table???  Surely some teams would love to have Watson, but considering his salary and demands I don't think GM's will be rushing to overpay.......it's going to take a mumbling owner that feels his team is a QB away from a Super Bowl win.

Edited by Swampbilly

3 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

This is crazy for a Dolphins fan....but I'm agreeing with a Jets fan lol.  That #2 overall pick likely isn't viewed as just a first round pick by Front Offices, especially in a very good QB draft like 2021 is.  If the Jets were to trade for Watson I could see them paying #2 in 2021, 1st rounders in 22 and 23, perhaps 2 later round picks, and maybe a player (Darnold?).....and that's a lot for a team with NEEDS.  I don't see ANY team paying 5 first round picks for Watson.  Fans are looking at Watson's stats from last season and disregarding the Texans' 2020 season record and the probability that Watson wants to have a say so in Front Office moves.......What NFL Front Office is going to highly pursue a player that demands a spot at the decision making table???  Surely some teams would love to have Watson, but considering his salary and demands I don't think GM's will be rushing to overpay.......it's going to take a mumbling owner that feels his team is a QB away from a Super Bowl win.

We will just agree this one time then!!! 

But in reality the tweets etc that come out about the supposed ‘asking price’ are all a pile of B.S. 

Houston will have trade parameters with each team. So 5 first round picks from a team drafting 25-32 isn’t the same as a team drafting top 5/middle of the pack etc. 

• Like 1