Edited Post Super Bowl Mock. With Trades including Deshaun Watson. RD 3 Added 2/24/21, Compensatory picks pending

brushmyhair

7 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Don't know why the other Titans fan is complaining about that haul?

No clue really. No guarantee Butler will be back(could be a cap casualty) and Desmond King is a FA. Fulton was a 2nd round pick last year and played sparingly due to injury. Adoree is entering the last year of his deal and basically missed all of last year. It might be because I’m a huge fan of Horn but I think it’s a great pick. Also landing  Ojulari that late is a steal. Assuming we sign a vet pass-rusher who isn’t washed up, we cut Butler(possible), regardless if we resign King, I think this is an excellent start to the draft. Adoree, Horn, King, and Fulton is a pretty good and athletic CB group.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

The Falcons reach for a MLB in round 2 why? They need OL, they need EDGE, they need RB, CB, S, give them something they can actually use.

The Value is too good to pass up. When the compensatory picks are released, then you'll see how the rest of your draft rounds out

15 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

The Value is too good to pass up. When the compensatory picks are released, then you'll see how the rest of your draft rounds out

the value is too good to pass up for a mid-round talent at MLB when there's not a need there? I'm a bit confused as to how the value is too good to pass up. If the pick was Azeez Ojulari (who's a first round talent at EDGE), the pick would make much more sense. Especially considering the switch to Pees defense that only really calls for 2 traditional off ball linebackers (which the Falcons already have in Jones and Oluokun.)

Edited by scar988

Just now, scar988 said:

the value is too good to pass up for a mid-round talent at MLB when there's not a need there? I'm a bit confused as to how the value is too good to pass up.

He's a first rd talent, you had an issue with the falcons drafting Zach Wilson in my previous mock. I don't know why you have an issue with top tier talent. just wait to see how this draft turns out before you really give it a bad review. I may just add the pre compensatory 3rd rd picks and on March 10th, complete the remaining 7 rounds. 

4 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

He's a first rd talent, you had an issue with the falcons drafting Zach Wilson in my previous mock. I don't know why you have an issue with top tier talent. just wait to see how this draft turns out before you really give it a bad review. I may just add the pre compensatory 3rd rd picks and on March 10th, complete the remaining 7 rounds. 

Wilson isn't a top tier talent. I have an issue with the fits not making sense. People have this idea that Wilson is better than he is because of flashy throws that won't work in the NFL. And when it comes to fit in Atlanta Ojulari >>> any MLB you'd put in. He's a top 15 talent in this draft and one of the best pass rushers. There's a premium on those. 

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

Wilson isn't a top tier talent. I have an issue with the fits not making sense. People have this idea that Wilson is better than he is because of flashy throws that won't work in the NFL. And when it comes to fit in Atlanta Ojulari >>> any MLB you'd put in. He's a top 15 talent in this draft and one of the best pass rushers. There's a premium on those. 

Wilson has great potential. 

23 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Wilson has great potential. 

But he doesn't have top 5 talent in a draft. He's not even really a first round talent in any other draft. So why take him top 5 and resign him to the same fate that befell guys like Christian Ponder or Josh Rosen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:14 PM, scar988 said:

But he doesn't have top 5 talent in a draft. He's not even really a first round talent in any other draft. So why take him top 5 and resign him to the same fate that befell guys like Christian Ponder or Josh Rosen.

Out of curiosity, What does he do that you do not like?