Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, they gave him more guaranteed than the 49ers gave Kittle or the Chiefs gave Kelce. They better be sure lol

This is how it works though lol.

If you're in that top 5-8 at the position (which I definitely think Jonnu is) and on the FA market, youre going to be right up there in pay. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

This is how it works though lol.

If you're in that top 5-8 at the position (which I definitely think Jonnu is) and on the FA market, youre going to be right up there in pay. 

That doesn't mean it's a good idea though lol

• Like 1

That being said, I can respect a team paying a guy for what they think he's going to do moving forward and not necessarily what he's done in the past. Those are usually the type of deals I want to work  out. 

• Like 2

Just now, .Buzz said:

What's the issue though?

Idk, personally the way I see it if you have loads of $ (with the cap being down even), why sit on it? 

It rolls over. You don't need to force it just to force it. 

It's a projection. He's never had a 500 yard season and you just guaranteed him the most money in football at the position. They are buying him at absolute peak. That's not something you should ever want to do. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It rolls over. You don't need to force it just to force it. 

It's a projection. He's never had a 500 yard season and you just guaranteed him the most money in football at the position. They are buying him at absolute peak. That's not something you should ever want to do. 

Never said you had to force it, but I don't see this forcing it. You're getting a young TE who has a legit shot to be a game changer/top 5-8 at the position. Those types reset markets. 

Jaguars have $80M with no one but Chark to pay on the horizon. I would've given that contract to Jonnu and not thought twice.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Never said you had to force it, but I don't see this forcing it. You're getting a young TE who has a legit shot to be a game changer/top 5-8 at the position. Those types reset markets. 

Jaguars have $80M with no one but Chark to pay on the horizon. I would've given that contract to Jonnu and not thought twice.

Yeah, I'll pass on that. Wish him well in New England though. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Never said you had to force it, but I don't see this forcing it. You're getting a young TE who has a legit shot to be a game changer. 

Jaguars have $80M with no one but Chark to pay on the horizon. I would've given that contract to Jonnu and not though twice.

I'm so glad we decided to trade up and take Pettis over Chark.... 

giphy.gif

• Like 5