House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

31 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Does moving the battle to S3 help save money since they have to pay to create it anyway?

The problem is, instead of super sizing season 3, they are probably going to cut to 8 episodes again and cut even more. They are going to sacrifice all proper setup and cheap out on battle/dragon scenes to cut costs and get the exact same backlash that the last two seasons of Game of Thrones got.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I hope Bloodraven is in "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms".

Spoiler

Strictly speaking he shouldn't be in it until season 3 if they do it right and make a season for each story

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

George certainly didn't hold back on what he really thinks about the show.

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the book or doesn't want to know anything about Season 3: https://web.archive.org/web/20240904154210/https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2024/09/04/beware-the-butterflies/

It's a ****ing adaptation it's not gonna be 100% to the source material, george has to realize that, I get some stuff gets lost in the shuffle and that lead to a terrible ending got GOT, but that's not what this is, this is a showrunner with the vision and ending already determined and I'd imagine season 4 scripts are pretty much laid out if not already written.

GOT ended terribly because the cast and showrunners were pretty much done with GOT and wanted to move on (mostly dan&dave) and they rushed about 5 seasons of material into like two shortened seasons. They cut **** because they didn't want to do it.

Ryan Condal cut a minor character and they can probably just make the kid a newborn in S3 and make it a plot thread of "is it Aegon's....? We saw Aemond and Haelena in private" blah blah as a substitute plotline and then still follow through on the thread. 

It's a valid complaint but at the end of the ****ing day his job is to write the books and it's their job to adapt, very different things to work with. The only thing george is fighting is himself and the fans, Ryan has HBO, Money, the Fans, cast, crew, logistics, time etc etc etc. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xmad said:

It's a ****ing adaptation it's not gonna be 100% to the source material, george has to realize that, I get some stuff gets lost in the shuffle and that lead to a terrible ending got GOT, but that's not what this is, this is a showrunner with the vision and ending already determined and I'd imagine season 4 scripts are pretty much laid out if not already written.

GOT ended terribly because the cast and showrunners were pretty much done with GOT and wanted to move on (mostly dan&dave) and they rushed about 5 seasons of material into like two shortened seasons. They cut **** because they didn't want to do it.

Ryan Condal cut a minor character and they can probably just make the kid a newborn in S3 and make it a plot thread of "is it Aegon's....? We saw Aemond and Haelena in private" blah blah as a substitute plotline and then still follow through on the thread. 

It's a valid complaint but at the end of the ****ing day his job is to write the books and it's their job to adapt, very different things to work with. The only thing george is fighting is himself and the fans, Ryan has HBO, Money, the Fans, cast, crew, logistics, time etc etc etc. 

This. Like, I get as the creator he wants to see everything in his books put on screen, but losing Maelor is not that big of a deal. Can easily be written around.