Saints hire former RT Zach Strief as offensive line assistant

Dome

Figured this would happen at some point, he essentially volunteered as an OL assistant in Ramczyks first season so you knew he at least had an interest in coaching. The Saints current OL assistant is expected to take over as a TE coach to fill the void left by Dan Campbells departure.

Glad to have him back. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/02/zach-strief-to-join-saints-coaching-staff

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dome said:

Figured this would happen at some point, he essentially volunteered as an OL assistant in Ramczyks first season so you knew he at least had an interest in coaching. The Saints current OL assistant is expected to take over as a TE coach to fill the void left by Dan Campbells departure.

Glad to have him back. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/02/zach-strief-to-join-saints-coaching-staff

Pretty smart move... Strief is a very smart guy, was a smart player. Got the most out of his ability, delivered a 12 year career after being a 7th round pick. He'll be a well respected coach by the current and future o-lineman for the Saints. 

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I don't think you could ask for a better "person" to have in the building, and as mentioned, one heck of a player for many years.

I love this hire!

Also brings back a championship mentality to the program... Strief been there and done that. As I said, made his way up through the ranks and knows what it takes to succeed and develop. 

Also... Armstead and Ramczyk both whom Strief mentored are in charge of the o-line room (Armstead mostly) and I can guarantee you those guys will demand the respect of the rest of the room for Strief. This is going to be one of the smoothest coaching transitions ever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...