Potential Trade Targets - Orlando Brown Jr

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I wouldn't bother with the Ravens forum. Once I saw Chark+25 I should've known better.

It's funny, there seem to be 2 camps among Ravens fans, both equally unreasonable:

1. Brown is going to go for Chark and 25

2. Brown isn't actually good at LT and thus getting a 2nd or more is a steal, and whoever trades for him will regret it

Might be different grief stages?

10 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

It's funny, there seem to be 2 camps among Ravens fans, both equally unreasonable:

1. Brown is going to go for Chark and 25

2. Brown isn't actually good at LT and thus getting a 2nd or more is a steal, and whoever trades for him will regret it

Might be different grief stages?

They're going through it...so I'd imagine exactly that.

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not buying it. So either take a 1st in 2021 or get a 3rd round pick in 2023? They already know he isnt re-signing

You think they're taking any old offer for him? I don't.

They're in the middle of a competing window. They're better with him then without. They're going to need a solid offer to move him even if he is gone when his contract is up regardless.

Just now, .Buzz said:

You think they're taking any old offer for him? I don't.

They're in the middle of a competing window. They're better with him then without. They're going to need a solid offer to move him even if he is gone when his contract is up regardless.

Not just any old offer no but if they are offered a 1st and say no because they want a 1st plus a 3rd they could be making a huge mistake since they know he wont re-sign

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not just any old offer no but if they are offered a 1st and say no because they want a 1st plus a 3rd they could be making a huge mistake since they know he wont re-sign

That tweet says nothing about a 3rd. That's me insinuating they probably want a little sweetner with the 1st, and I'm not balking if they need that added to get it done.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I wonder if there's a timeline on this. Gotta imagine teams want to finish this prior to the tag deadline or FA.

You’d think. But you’d have also thought that a team trying for Yan would want that deal done before the draft. 🤷‍♀️

If it takes too long, the Ravens are going to depress their own market on this. When they few LTs on the open market get deals, it’ll drastically cut back the number of teams looking to trade for him. 

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

You’d think. But you’d have also thought that a team trying for Yan would want that deal done before the draft. 🤷‍♀️

If it takes too long, the Ravens are going to depress their own market on this. When they few LTs on the open market get deals, it’ll drastically cut back the number of teams looking to trade for him. 

That's the thing, once FA hits there's going to be teams who fill their LT issues. I imagine we make a move on Cam one way or another...

Guess we'll see. 

Another thing is just that a lot of teams that otherwise would have been in on him will not have the money this season to get an extension done. And I don’t know how you can trade for him and not have an extension in the works. 

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Another thing is just that a lot of teams that otherwise would have been in on him will not have the money this season to get an extension done. And I don’t know how you can trade for him and not have an extension in the works. 

You would think if you're doing the trade the financials would be worked out pre-trade almost.

I mean, you can wait and see how he does with another year under his belt at LT. But that just screams another Tunsil/Ramsey situation where you're basically forced to pay them whatever they want because you're not going to give up premium draft capital just to let them walk out the door the next year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You would think if you're doing the trade the financials would be workout pre-trade almost truthfully.

I mean, you can wait and see how he does with another year under his belt at LT. But that just screams another Tunsil/Ramsey situation where you're basically forced to pay them whatever they want because you're not going to give up premium draft capital just to let them walk out the door the next year.

I think it’s worse than both of those too. Like you knew that Ramsey was going to make every other CB contract look silly. You knew Tunsil was going to become the top paid LT. They had a sizable track record that already set their market. With those guys, you’re just waiting for when you want the bill to come.

Brown, however, hasn’t really shown enough to know what his peak is. He’s a top tier RT, but they’re much cheaper than LTs. He had a really good, not elite, season as a LT. You’re trading for him with the intention that he’s going to become a franchise LT. So any time you wait on a deal is just going to push his price higher as he adds more reps in that position.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pwny said:

I think it’d worth than both of those too. Like you knew that Ramsey was going to make every other CB contract look silly. You knew Tunsil was going to become the top paid LT. They had a sizable track record that already set their market. With those guys, you’re just waiting for when you want the bill to come.

Brown, however, hasn’t really shown enough to know what his peak is. He’s a top tier RT, but they’re much cheaper than LTs. He had a really good, not elite, season as a LT. You’re trading for him with the intention that he’s going to become a franchise LT. So any time you wait on a deal is just going to push his price higher as he adds more reps in that position.

Lane Johnson contract averages out to 18 million and there's 7 more that make 10 million or more currently. 

David bahktiari makes 22 million and there's 18 that make 10 million or more.

Browns contract should be around 16 or so.  He's an elite rt and seems like an average lt at worse