Potential Trade Targets - Orlando Brown Jr

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So either:

A) They love Browns tape at LT and Cullen and co. gave the green light.

Or

B) They don't want Cam as the starting LT/Warhops review was less than stellar.

Good point.

Side note - Reading through Dilla’s replies has me intrigued. It’s implied he let people in on this potential trade over the weekend as well as another big potential move that the Jags might be in on. Wonder what that other move could be?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Good point.

Side note - Reading through Dilla’s replies has me intrigued. It’s implied he let people in on this potential trade over the weekend as well as another big potential move that the Jags might be in on. Wonder what that other move could be?

Your guess is as good as mine if it's a trade.

Otherwise, I imagine we're heavily involved with a few guys in FA that are heavy hitters.

This deal makes too much sense for both side. We have a ton of draft capital and need proven players.

• Like 1

I’ve seen this rumor coming from more and more reputable sources and am coming around to saying I’m a fan.

We have a fairly weak LT class this year and I do think people forget how hard it is to find even just a “quality” or good left tackle. I’d like to stick with only giving up 33 and another pick next year but I could see #25. He’s likely better than anyone else we would draft at tackle there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

I’ve seen this rumor coming from more and more reputable sources and am coming around to saying I’m a fan.

We have a fairly weak LT class this year and I do think people forget how hard it is to find even just a “quality” or good left tackle. I’d like to stick with only giving up 33 and another pick next year but I could see #25. He’s likely better than anyone else we would draft at tackle there.

Sticking with Cam scares me.

The likelihood of drafting a LT that ends up being close to Orlando Brown I'd say is low, not to mention the rookie lumps that are bound to happen.

If I knew Trent was a legit option/he'd consider us I'm all for that route as well, but I just don't see that happening. So give me the 2nd best LT on the market and likely the guy to protect Trevor's blindsided for the next decade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sticking with Cam scares me.

The likelihood of drafting a LT that ends up being close to Orlando Brown I'd say is low, not to mention the rookie lumps that are bound to happen.

If I knew Trent was a legit option/he'd consider us I'm all for that route as well, but I just don't see that happening. So give me the 2nd best LT on the market and likely the guy to protect Trevor's blindsided for the next decade.

Maybe the 2nd best LT right now.....Williams is getting up there in age. Give me the guy who, if we play our cards right, will be here for another 10+ years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Maybe the 2nd best LT right now.....Williams is getting up there in age. Give me the guy who, if we play our cards right, will be here for another 10+ years

Although I agree, Williams is easily the best LT right now and likely the next couple years. His pressure rate was close to half of what Browns was (although as I've said, first year in there at LT without an off-season). If we went the Trent Williams route we could groom a guy for the long term which I wouldn't be against either.

Either way, these are the best two options imo. Get one of them and our OL (outside of depth/developmental guys) is set imo.