Matt Ioannidis

turtle28

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I thought I heard on the radio of read it some where that Ioannidis is tops in the league in qb pressures. The skins have 15 sacks through 5 games as a defense. Ioannidis and Smith combine for 8 of those sacks. Allen has really had an impact on the pass rush. He's especially helped out Ioannidis a lot by occupying two blockers. Going to be interesting to see if Ioannidis and Smith maintain their production for the next month because they won't be playing next to Allen anymore in the nickel package.

Damn! I wish we had drafted Reader. I definitely remember some of wanting him. He’s been a good NT for the Texans, they got him in the 5th round of last year’s draft. Preston Smith should be getting more buzz than he is also with his 4.5 sacks.

Could you imagine getting Ioannidis & Reader both in last year’s draft? That would have been awesome for our DL.

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Damn! I wish we had drafted Reader. I definitely remember some of wanting him. He’s been a good NT for the Texans, they got him in the 5th round of last year’s draft. Preston Smith should be getting more buzz than he is also with his 4.5 sacks.

Could you imagine getting Ioannidis & Reader both in last year’s draft? That would have been awesome for our DL.

Why does that even matter. Ioannidis is a solid NT for us and is much better than Ziggy Hood. Frankly, I had never head you talk about him, ever. Sometimes I get tired of reading, "I wish we would have drafted him". We didn't. 

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

The colossus Greek will need to continue playing well now that his partner in crime is out of the season (Allen).  BTW how about Anderson?  The rookie has had a very quiet first 5 games, he also needs to step it up.

Who is this Anderson guy? I have not seen him on the field if at all. Smith and Kerrigan seem to be finding their niche. Now with Allen out, I am not sure how that will effect Smith, but still. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

Why does that even matter. Ioannidis is a solid NT for us and is much better than Ziggy Hood. Frankly, I had never head you talk about him, ever. Sometimes I get tired of reading, "I wish we would have drafted him". We didn't. 

Ioannidis only plays DE, not NT and he has only played in nickel packages in the 4 man DL to my knowledge. I don’t think he’s played a snap at NT for us.

Reader is a true NT, Ioannidis is a better fit a 3 technique.

Even though we didn’t draft Reader late in the draft it still doesn’t change that fact that we should have and if Wendy had we’d have a starring caliber NT for the next decade if we would re-sign him in the future. It’s still what we are missing on the DL.

Archived