Moretti's March Mock

moretti19

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Slater is a top 12 pick, Walter Football is the last place you should go to slot guys for mocks. I'm tempted to put Slater as the #1 OL in the draft. He's not making it to 29, he's not going to make it to 15.

Sewell is by far the #1 OL in this draft and while Slater won't be there at 29, I don't think he'll go top-12 given that certain skill positions will likely drop as the trading from pick 2 on down will push him down the boards. I think you see him go anywhere from 16-23. The same for ASB - he's a top-50 player according to TDN. He MAY be there at 62 if we're lucky...

As for the rest of this, Stokes may have run a 4.24, but I think he's a reach where you have him and will probably go mid-3rd round. If he's there at pick 81, I trade up as we're picking late in the 3rd again, which is one of the worst value spots in the draft as has been proven over the past 10 years. I just don't see why you would pick a smallish RB there as well, even if Jones does leave, there are better prospects to be had Day 3. Not sure Walker Little is a fit for our offense given our tendency to run the ball regularly. Little struggles in this area and is far better in pass-pro. Bobby Brown would be our 1-Tech, not a 3-tech, and he should practically be a lock for us at that spot because his presence would allow Kenny to shift over and use his physical skills to overwhelm opposing Guards. I like that you bring Snacks back as well for this purpose as Snacks' presence alone allowed for Kenny to be more disruptive. I love the Collins pick but he probably goes a lot earlier. Not too sure about drafting a Punter when you can get one in UDFA and drafting an older underdeveloped TE coming off a significant injury who also could be had in UDFA.

Landman is coming back to Colorado btw. https://www.ralphiereport.com/2021/1/6/22217192/nate-landman-will-return-to-colorado-buffaloes

I'm waiting for the Pro Day weigh in, but if Slater is 6'4+ and has 33" or greater on the arm length, he's my #1 OL. 

The only way technicians with feet like that fail is if they don't have the length. Guy is a pass pro stud, completely took Chase Young out of the football game when they matched up in 2019, something no one did until teams decided to triple team him.

Sewell is raw and full of potential to be elite, but Slater is a Bakh clone to me assuming he's got the arm length to do it. I'll take that every time.

25 minutes ago, Joe said:

Sewell is by far the #1 OL in this draft and while Slater won't be there at 29, I don't think he'll go top-12 given that certain skill positions will likely drop as the trading from pick 2 on down will push him down the boards. I think you see him go anywhere from 16-23. The same for ASB - he's a top-50 player according to TDN. He MAY be there at 62 if we're lucky...

As for the rest of this, Stokes may have run a 4.24, but I think he's a reach where you have him and will probably go mid-3rd round. If he's there at pick 81, I trade up as we're picking late in the 3rd again, which is one of the worst value spots in the draft as has been proven over the past 10 years. I just don't see why you would pick a smallish RB there as well, even if Jones does leave, there are better prospects to be had Day 3. Not sure Walker Little is a fit for our offense given our tendency to run the ball regularly. Little struggles in this area and is far better in pass-pro. Bobby Brown would be our 1-Tech, not a 3-tech, and he should practically be a lock for us at that spot because his presence would allow Kenny to shift over and use his physical skills to overwhelm opposing Guards. I like that you bring Snacks back as well for this purpose as Snacks' presence alone allowed for Kenny to be more disruptive. I love the Collins pick but he probably goes a lot earlier. Not too sure about drafting a Punter when you can get one in UDFA and drafting an older underdeveloped TE coming off a significant injury who also could be had in UDFA.

Landman is coming back to Colorado btw. https://www.ralphiereport.com/2021/1/6/22217192/nate-landman-will-return-to-colorado-buffaloes

Appreciate your feedback! For the RB I was looking for a compliment to Dillon and he would be perfect in my opinion.

for Slater I could see him faking like Wynn did out of Georgia. 

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

Appreciate your feedback! For the RB I was looking for a compliment to Dillon and he would be perfect in my opinion.

for Slater I could see him faking like Wynn did out of Georgia. 

Except Wynn was supposed to move to Guard at the next level and Belichick had other ideas...

Also, bear in mind that we've spoken to Jermar Jefferson who is very similar to Gainwell...

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Also, bear in mind that we've spoken to Jermar Jefferson who is very similar to Gainwell...

How do you feel, as a whole, about this RB class?  I'm only watching highlights, but to me, there are a ton of guys, all throughout the draft that look like solid NFL backs to me.

I think Gainwell>Jefferson.  But I do like them both.  I think that this is a good year to want to find that RB2 in the draft.  

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I'm curious about Takk McKinley. I loved him coming out, but does this team need a fourth OLB? How could we even afford him?

He shouldn't be expensive.  If he is, we are out for sure.  Even if P is released, spending real money on Takh is a bad idea.  

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How do you feel, as a whole, about this RB class?  I'm only watching highlights, but to me, there are a ton of guys, all throughout the draft that look like solid NFL backs to me.

I think Gainwell>Jefferson.  But I do like them both.  I think that this is a good year to want to find that RB2 in the draft.  

This class is very deep. I'd be more than happy to draft Najee Harris in the first if we lose both Jones and Williams. We probably could even luck out with two more RB's on Day 3 that become RB1 and RB2. Lots of 5-10, 206 shifty guys so if we lose Jones, we can find his equivalent(RB style at least) in this draft, even on Day 3...