Lions re-sign DE Romeo Okwara

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, Millenhater said:

You can never have too many pass rushers.  I don't think it stops us at all honestly.  Even though i think we need to sit back and collect comp picks I also would be totally fine if they signed say Ngakoue.  Just roll him, Okwaras and Flowers through our line and attack the passer.  It would be a welcome change to prioritize the pass rush.

I wouldn't be looking to do it. If the right guy falls, sure. But it's worth seeing what you have in Julian Okwara. And with Flowers and Romeo, the team has two legit starters.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't be looking to do it. If the right guy falls, sure. But it's worth seeing what you have in Julian Okwara. And with Flowers and Romeo, the team has two legit starters.

I think we just need a good pass rush DT. Hand could be it but gets hurt so much. Still need someone who can get to the QB. We need a playmaker though. Thats all I want. A playmaker who is consistent and can stay healthy. Any position. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Per twitter-

Romeo Okwara’s Contract 

$20M g’teed at sign 

another $5M next March 

$15M in 2021 

2024 void year

practical 2 yrs, $26M 

Cap Hits:

2021: $4.5M

2022: $14.5M

2023: $14.5M

2024: $3.5M (dead)

Full Breakdown: https://bit.ly/38WGpLy

That's a good looking contract. Opens up a lot of room for us this year when it's needed and then isn't terrible in years where (presumably) the cap will be higher. 

• Like 1