2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

33 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Hopefully Miami starts losing and they miss the playoffs 

From a Suns fan's perspective

The Heat slipping may be the Pistons best chance of making the playoffs. They did beat the Bucks last game but they have been trash for a good minute now. I'd bet on them getting back on track though. 

I wonder what the deal the Clippers thought they had with the Cavs before the Lakers one got done. Similar to the package they sent to the Lakers? Or TT involved? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Heat slipping may be the Pistons best chance of making the playoffs. They did beat the Bucks last game but they have been trash for a good minute now. I'd bet on them getting back on track though. 

I wonder what the deal the Clippers thought they had with the Cavs before the Lakers one got done. Similar to the package they sent to the Lakers? Or TT involved? 

I would of counted on this prior to the re-acquisition of Wade, but now I'm not so sure. What Miami was really missing was that savvy veteran presence off the bench to help guide this relatively young team. Wade should be able to do just that, as well as help solidify the second unit. Given the added "incentive" of pushing the team into the playoffs for what could perhaps be Wade's last season, I can definitely see them doing just enough to secure that 7th/8th seed. Pistons still don't look like a great team to me. Their frontcourt has been playing lights out with Blake and Drummond, but their backcourt is still lacking compared to the other contenders in the East. Maybe the return of Reggie Jackson makes a difference, but I'd feel a lot more confident in this team if they had been able to make a move for someone like Tyreke Evans or Rodney Hood at the deadline.

9 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Absolutely, but you can't say they didn't look much improved from where they were a week ago. I could very well be reading too much into it, and I admit that I tend to lean on the side of optimism here. However, while the extent to which the team has improved can obviously be debated. It goes without question that this is a much better team given the players they've acquired vs the players they shipped out.

They were horrible a week ago, so yeah I hope they’d be better. Can we take it one game at a time before we start making bold proclamations? Like you would’ve thought that since the Kyrie trade happened we’d be cautious right now about this team and not be leaping to the extremes 

1 hour ago, Ferris35 said:

Mohammad Bamba or Jarren Jackson are both good fits but both are raw and will likely take some time to find their footing in the league. 

If they can keep LeBron this summer I think they'd be smart to trade Love for a guy like DeAndre Jordan. Then they can target a guy like Collin Sexton or Trae Young with the Nets pick as a spark plug off the bench/future starting PG. 

Jordan doesn't help them win a championship at all.  He moves the needle in the wrong direction.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

They were horrible a week ago, so yeah I hope they’d be better. Can we take it one game at a time before we start making bold proclamations? Like you would’ve thought that since the Kyrie trade happened we’d be cautious right now about this team?

4qtH2Cj.gif

Welcome to the basketball forum? xD

28 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Cavs look GOOD. It's only one game, but they appear 100x more active on both ends of the floor and the chemistry seems A LOT less contentious. Will be interesting to see how they get Love integrated with this team, but I really love the small ball dynamic they have going at the moment with LeBron playing full time at the 4. With Nance or Tristan at the 5, they can literally switch on anything. Combine that with a deeper bench and better shooters; Warriors might have legit cause for concern.

The only thing the Warriors need to worry about is injury.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

The only thing the Warriors need to worry about is injury.

Bold proclamations for the rest of the season:

If the Warrriors and Rockets meet up in the playoffs, that series will got at least 6 games.

If the Warriors and Cavaliers meet up in the playoffs, that series will go at least 6 games.

2 minutes ago, Ferris35 said:

He allows LeBron to play the 4 and provides them with the rim protection they're currently lacking.

While I don't agree with the notion that Jordan's presence hinders the team; he probably doesn't do much to move the needle either against the Warriors. Against a team like that you need to be able to switch on everything or your 7 ft 20 million dollar center is going to be largely negated having to defend out on the perimeter.

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Bold proclamations for the rest of the season:

If the Warrriors and Rockets meet up in the playoffs, that series will got at least 6 games.

If the Warriors and Cavaliers meet up in the playoffs, that series will go at least 6 games.

What about OKC?

Archived