2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

If Mikal Bridges falls to the Sixers pick, I'll be pissed. 

Agreed. He's a perfect fit next to Simmons and Embiid.

I wonder how far they could trade up with Korkmaz and their own 1st.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Agreed. He's a perfect fit next to Simmons and Embiid.

I wonder how far they could trade up with Korkmaz and their own 1st.

If they don't trade up with that pick and they come out with a combination of Mikal Bridges and Gary Trent Jr (assuming he goes pro), I'll be beyond pissed. Those two are perfect modern day NBA fits on that roster.

Just now, Knowledge said:

Couldnt disagree more. I think this season has proved Dario needs to be a starter 

Without LeBron, yes.  But having 2 big men, even if they can shoot, strangles LeBron and Simmons.  And if you just plant Saric on the 3P line, you'd be better off having Covington in because he's a better defender and lets LeBron defend the worst player on the opposing team.

In this scenario, he'd be better off on the 2nd unit with Fultz.  Saric against back-up big men would be great for him.

Huge matchup tonight between Nuggets and Wolves. Definitely most hyped I've been for a regular season game this year. Not a literal must win for the Nuggets, but if they can't beat the Wolves at home, I have a hard time believing they'll beat them on the road next week, and they'll need to win at least 1 of these 2 games against them.

31 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

If they don't trade up with that pick and they come out with a combination of Mikal Bridges and Gary Trent Jr (assuming he goes pro), I'll be beyond pissed. Those two are perfect modern day NBA fits on that roster.

It's highly unlikely he'd fall to 10 or 11, but I want to see it happen because I want Philly to turn into a juggernaut.  Even without LeBron that team is going to be serious trouble if they get Bridges.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Huge matchup tonight between Nuggets and Wolves. Definitely most hyped I've been for a regular season game this year. Not a literal must win for the Nuggets, but if they can't beat the Wolves at home, I have a hard time believing they'll beat them on the road next week, and they'll need to win at least 1 of these 2 games against them.

Thibs is a joke and deserves for his team to limp across the finish line and finish 10th.

3 hours ago, utley4568 said:

Dario fits much better as a 6th man than Cov does.

PG: Ben Simmons - Markelle Fultz - TJ McConnell
SG: Mikal Bridges (11) - Gary Trent Jr (26) - Timothe Luwawu-Cabbarot
SF: Robert Covington - Vince Edwards/Gary Clark (37)
PF: LeBron James - Dario Saric - Ersan Ilyasova (MLE?)
C: Joel Embiid - Amir Johnson - Richaun Holmes

That's just ridiculous

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Without LeBron, yes.  But having 2 big men, even if they can shoot, strangles LeBron and Simmons.  And if you just plant Saric on the 3P line, you'd be better off having Covington in because he's a better defender and lets LeBron defend the worst player on the opposing team.

In this scenario, he'd be better off on the 2nd unit with Fultz.  Saric against back-up big men would be great for him.

You're obviously a bigger believer in Covington than I am. Hes way to streaky for my liking. Hes barely a better 3 pt shooter than Lebron. You would still have Fultz coming off the bench so I assume JJ is still in the starting lineup. Ben, JJ, Lebron, Dario, Embiid. Dario and Embiid already play a ton around the 3pt line so I wouldnt see much changing  

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

All a blessing in disguise now Gordon Hayward can take his time and really get it right versus rushing back Kyrie gets to get everything 100% again instead of forcing to play himself on an injured knee, but most importantly guys like Jayson Tatum Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown will get the all-important playoff experience as go to players which will only help them in the big picture the next 5 years.

#dynasty ;)

2 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

You're obviously a bigger believer in Covington than I am. Hes way to streaky for my liking. Hes barely a better 3 pt shooter than Lebron. You would still have Fultz coming off the bench so I assume JJ is still in the starting lineup. Ben, JJ, Lebron, Dario, Embiid. Dario and Embiid already play a ton around the 3pt line so I wouldnt see much changing  

Redick is not coming back if you sign LeBron.  You'd have to dump Bayless and another player to be able to offer him even a semi-competitive contract.  Unless Redick takes a big discount, he's gone in the scenario that LeBrom comes to town.

Covington is a streaky shooter, but his value on defense and taking that pressure off of LeBron is huge.  Plus Saric is much better suited as a secondary playmaker and scorer than as a stand-still-and-hope-the-ball-comes-to-me player, which is what he'd be.  I know he CAN do that and has done that to an extent this season, but it would hurt Covington to ask more of him on the 2nd unit and hurt Saric by not giving him as many opportunities.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

All a blessing in disguise now Gordon Hayward can take his time and really get it right versus rushing back Kyrie gets to get everything 100% again instead of forcing to play himself on an injured knee, but most importantly guys like Jayson Tatum Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown will get the all-important playoff experience as go to players which will only help them in the big picture the next 5 years.

#dynasty ;)

That was the wrong link! I certainly am not polishing my knob to the Celtics' now slim chances of winning the East. Trust me, I'd have loved for the Cavs to get some serious competition. Raptors still might give it to them, but obviously I am not going to count on it.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Redick is not coming back if you sign LeBron.  You'd have to dump Bayless and another player to be able to offer him even a semi-competitive contract.  Unless Redick takes a big discount, he's gone in the scenario that LeBrom comes to town.

Covington is a streaky shooter, but his value on defense and taking that pressure off of LeBron is huge.  Plus Saric is much better suited as a secondary playmaker and scorer than as a stand-still-and-hope-the-ball-comes-to-me player, which is what he'd be.  I know he CAN do that and has done that to an extent this season, but it would hurt Covington to ask more of him on the 2nd unit and hurt Saric by not giving him as many opportunities.

I think JJ is back 100% if Lebron signs or not. He loves this team and theres a reason they paid him 23 million. I expect him to sign like a 2 year very team friendly deal 

Archived