Jets sign WR Keelan Cole

Bianconero

Just now, JetsandI said:

Sure you don't confuse him with Gase? lol.

Under his charge we’ve won 2 games. Fact. Your making out like he’s the second coming and how dare anyway make a remark against him and the guy has won 2 games and been in charge nearly 2 years 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

All the same?!?! I’m going to leave it there my friend. 

Yeah.

WR 1: Mims  900-1200

WR 2: Davis 600-950

WR 3:  your pick  450-700  (Exchangeable with TE depending who is TE)

Result will be similar.   Jets ain't paying JuJu or Fuller to be wr 1 or 2.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Yeah.

I didn’t ask you to make a list of made up numbers. I asked you who’s the better receiver. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.

Mims is a #1?

Um ok

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I didn’t ask you to make a list of made up numbers. I asked you who’s the better receiver. 

those numbers may be pipe dream with Darnold at the helm.... I just use numbers as definitive roles LaFleur utilize in the system.  From high to low target.

Jets drafted Mims.  Jets and Davis quickly agreed to contract terms.   Because of them, they presumably are locked top 2 WRs.   When JD was in the search for 3rd WR, he set the price for that role.    If Jets didn't sign Davis, JD should be able to pay JuJu or Fuller Davis' figure (same or less).   Despite talented grade, JD doesn't overpay for an exact role.

Whether or not we like it that is the way JD has operated.  Deal with it. 

Isn’t the idea of a #1 or #2 WR kind of outdated. I mean most teams don’t have a true #1 and I am if the belief it is not necessary. Two good outside receivers and a decent slot may be better. My reason is that the QB or coaching staff may feel compelled to feed the #1. I would rather a more balanced approach. Pass to the open receiver.  Of course that requires a good OL and a QB that can process quickly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Mims has to be the most overhyped player I’ve ever seen on this forum . The kid has talent don’t get me wrong but how are we going to pencil him in for 1000 yards after the season he just had? Get real

I agree and I like him a ton. The hype on Herndon was out of control on this forum too.

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Mims has to be the most overhyped player I’ve ever seen on this forum . The kid has talent don’t get me wrong but how are we going to pencil him in for 1000 yards after the season he just had? Get real

A fair question. But if you looked at his targets with a poor QB and a poor OC/HC his stats can be misleading. How many times was he targeted in the second half of games?  How many times was he open and was not even looked at?  How many acrobatic catches did he make?  I am not suggesting he will have a thousand yard season, but with better play calling a better QB, hopefully, he should have a decent season.