Jets sign WR Keelan Cole

Bianconero

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We could have had JuJu or Fuller???? Guys what if they just chose to go elsewhere lol. 

Fuller very well could have. But I feel this deal Bc of timing when we were rumored to maybe strike a deal with JuJu and this signing. Just lines up to where he was too much for JD. I can careless about Fuller.

So I do think it is JD being cheap. Clearly we wanted another WR. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We could have had JuJu or Fuller???? Guys what if they just chose to go elsewhere lol. 

Hey that’s fine. If we are chasing talents that don’t want to come here that’s cool. But there’s zero evidence of that. Just don’t go cheap. Like Robby. That’s a fact. 

Just now, xenajets said:

Hey that’s fine. If we are chasing talents that don’t want to come here that’s cool. But there’s zero evidence of that. Just don’t go cheap. Like Robby. That’s a fact. 

There's zero evidence of anything. We literally dont hear anything until we sign a guy or they sign somewhere else. The Juju smoke everyone fell for was his camp using us as leverage.

6 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Give me one instance where spending a few more million on a talent like Fuller or Juju on a 1yr deal with zero risk is idiotic. 
@JetsandI

JD  is a type of GM that looks for players to fit what plan allows.   Fuller or JuJu probably wants 80-100 targets a season.  That belongs to Mims and/or Davis.   No reason to overpay Fuller or JuJu as 60 target WR.   Cole fits there.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There's zero evidence of anything. We literally dont hear anything until we sign a guy or they sign somewhere else. The Juju smoke everyone fell for was his camp using us as leverage.

Exactly. So it’s all hearsay. If your right however and he’s using us to get more money (which is exactly what a good agent does) then maybe we weren’t interested. Which begs the question why? 

Only evidence we have is last year JD was cheap and deliberated too long which resulted in us losing the likes of Robby over a couple million when we had about 60 in the bank. 

10 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Wonder if this signing firmly takes us out of the first round wr space. 

Mims, Davis, Crowder, Cole, Smith seems like a full group. Maybe a mid round WR to battle with Smith and Cole?

Well,  Mims and Davis are locked for 2 seasons. The rest of them is a year by year.   What if JD doesn't see any good value outside WR in 1st?    For now, I would say 2nd-4th round.   No developmental.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

JD  is a type of GM that looks for players to fit what plan allows.   Fuller or JuJu probably wants 80-100 targets a season.  That belongs to Mims and/or Davis.   No reason to overpay Fuller or JuJu as 60 target WR.   Cole fits there.

It’s almost amazing how you can turn bringing in inferior talents and swinging it into a positive. Hats off man. 

‘No reason to overpay’ why roll over all the cap we do? Does it benefit any of us fans. Nope. I’d rather spend an extra few million and secure better players. Usually helps win football games having better players. But hey who knows. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But there is evidence. He went cheap with Robby and went with Perriman a year ago. Who knows... maybe he wanted Golladay and went cheap with Davis. And now he’s going cheap with Cole instead of JuJu.

Just now, xenajets said:

It’s almost amazing how you can turn bringing in inferior talents and swinging it into a positive. Hats off man. 

‘No reason to overpay’ why roll over all the cap we do? Does it benefit any of us fans. Nope. I’d rather spend an extra few million and secure better players. Usually helps win football games having better players. But hey who knows. 

After learning that Saleh and Douglas share the same vision about building the team, who am I to question their plan for the team.  Chasing fans' popular player isn't always the answer for JD.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

After learning that Saleh and Douglas share the same vision about building the team, who am I to question their plan for the team.  Chasing fans' popular player isn't always the answer for JD.

It’s not about popular. Quick take; who’s a better receiver JuJu/Fuller or Cole?  

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Fuller got a one year deal, Cole got a one year deal. Not long term spending here to consider 

I mean JD exercises right business method no matter what.  No bump in salary just to get hot names.   He has been that way for two years with Jets.