FFMD 2021 War Room

Leoric

I offered Miami our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st for #3 and they said no. With our primary goal being to bolster the offensive line you can guess who the target player was.

Do we want to try to go after an Orlando Brown Jr trade with our 1st round pick? Personally I would rather move up and get a franchise LT in the draft than trade for Brown and immediately pay him generational money. Our salary cap situation is a lot healthier with a rookie LT.

I think I need to start treating FFMD like a sociopath. Go down the list of teams and see which GM's aren't actual fans of their teams so they wont have an emotional investment in their team and are more willing to do crazy ****.

I want to rotate out our WR's volley ball style and get a new group in there. Might trade Hardman if the right deal comes available. Just sort of done with the guy TBH. But not going to deny he's a burner with some talent.

I inquired on Andy Isabella and Christian Kirk from Arizona. This is their asking price:

5 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Hmm... For Isabella, it's a mid-to-late round pick. For Kirk, we're looking for a mid-rounder.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

I offered Miami our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 1st for #3 and they said no. With our primary goal being to bolster the offensive line you can guess who the target player was.

Do we want to try to go after an Orlando Brown Jr trade with our 1st round pick? Personally I would rather move up and get a franchise LT in the draft than trade for Brown and immediately pay him generational money. Our salary cap situation is a lot healthier with a rookie LT.

I mean, since I'm not in need of a tackle, I can spill the beans. Rashawn Slater is undeniably talented, as is Sewell, obviously, but there are realistically like 10 acceptable candidates for OT at #31 overall.

I have them ranked:

1. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon - Scheme-ascendant talent with a dominant skill-set and natural pass-blocking ability. 

2. Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern - Slater is really talented, but some people aren't as high on him due to his measurables. He's not super long, so some project him inside. However, Kelvin Beachum just had a standout year for us and Isaiah Wynn has managed to play LT in the NFL, and both were similarly built to Slater. Slater has excellent quickness and is very athletic to go with arguably the best Football IQ of any OL in this draft class. Some think he could be a yearly All-Pro at center, but others feel like he could stay at tackle and be dominant there.

3. Alijah Vera-Tucker, LT/LG, USC - Vera-Tucker is a talented lineman who's always played on the left side. He made the transition from guard to left tackle when Austin Jackson moved on to the NFL, and he did a stellar job at filling that void. He's an incredibly smooth mover and has really good lateral agility. Such a comfortable blocker in the passing game. He's not a bull in the ground game, but he's perfect for a Reid-style offense.

4. Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama - Leatherwood has an outstanding frame and is a good mover. He's just so freakishly good at manipulating people with his body and length that he's rarely beaten by speed. His skill-set is truly rare with his ability to mirror and wall-off. There's just too much ground to eat up for pass rushers to beat him. He's also recently started to play with a little more scrap in his game. Again, not the best when it comes to power, and he's been more of a wall-off kind of blocker, but he has a great skill-set and the NFL is a passing-driven league.

5. Christian Darrusaw, OT, Virginia Tech

6. Jaylen Mayfield, OT, Michigan

7. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas

8. Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

9. Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

10. Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson

Any of those guys are viable candidates at that point, but I ranked them from my favorites to least favorite out of those top-10 tackle prospects. Dillon Radunz is somebody who might be able to start in the NFL, too. Really no shortage of tackles this year if you're brave enough to go after one early. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 5:45 PM, HoboRocket said:

I mean, since I'm not in need of a tackle, I can spill the beans. Rashawn Slater is undeniably talented, as is Sewell, obviously, but there are realistically like 10 acceptable candidates for OT at #31 overall.

I have them ranked:

1. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon - Scheme-ascendant talent with a dominant skill-set and natural pass-blocking ability. 

2. Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern - Slater is really talented, but some people aren't as high on him due to his measurables. He's not super long, so some project him inside. However, Kelvin Beachum just had a standout year for us and Isaiah Wynn has managed to play LT in the NFL, and both were similarly built to Slater. Slater has excellent quickness and is very athletic to go with arguably the best Football IQ of any OL in this draft class. Some think he could be a yearly All-Pro at center, but others feel like he could stay at tackle and be dominant there.

3. Alijah Vera-Tucker, LT/LG, USC - Vera-Tucker is a talented lineman who's always played on the left side. He made the transition from guard to left tackle when Austin Jackson moved on to the NFL, and he did a stellar job at filling that void. He's an incredibly smooth mover and has really good lateral agility. Such a comfortable blocker in the passing game. He's not a bull in the ground game, but he's perfect for a Reid-style offense.

4. Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama - Leatherwood has an outstanding frame and is a good mover. He's just so freakishly good at manipulating people with his body and length that he's rarely beaten by speed. His skill-set is truly rare with his ability to mirror and wall-off. There's just too much ground to eat up for pass rushers to beat him. He's also recently started to play with a little more scrap in his game. Again, not the best when it comes to power, and he's been more of a wall-off kind of blocker, but he has a great skill-set and the NFL is a passing-driven league.

5. Christian Darrusaw, OT, Virginia Tech

6. Jaylen Mayfield, OT, Michigan

7. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas

8. Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

9. Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

10. Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson

Any of those guys are viable candidates at that point, but I ranked them from my favorites to least favorite out of those top-10 tackle prospects. Dillon Radunz is somebody who might be able to start in the NFL, too. Really no shortage of tackles this year if you're brave enough to go after one early. 

Thanks for this write up this is a great entry point to these guys. Still trying to move up lol these teams are scared

• Like 1

Been trying to trade into the top 5 don't think it's going to happen going to start looking at moving into the top 10. Def. not desperate to do any deal though.

Would like to know what everyones preferences at Left Tackle are. Like your top 3 prospects

Edited by Kirill