Ryan Succop - Great, or the greatest?

titans0021

He just set an NFL record for consecutive field goals made under 50 yards. The man deserves an appreciation thread. His level of consistency has been nearly unbelievable for a guy that was signed a week before the regular season opener in 2014.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21046787/tennessee-titans-k-ryan-succop-sets-record-fgs-made-50-yards

r164149_600x400_3-2.jpg

Just now, -Hope- said:

why'd you have to go and make this thread smh, jinxed

The man has been avoiding announcer jinxes for at least the last 10 games at this point. Which yes, has nothing on the Titania jinx. So I apologize for the 0-for-4 performance against the Browns.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The man has been avoiding announcer jinxes for at least the last 10 games at this point. Which yes, has nothing on the Titania jinx. So I apologize for the 0-for-4 performance against the Browns.

He'll go 1-5 and miss the game winning chip shot. Or worse, miss an XP that leaves the door open for them to beat us on a FG. You scumbag.

4 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

He'll go 1-5 and miss the game winning chip shot. Or worse, miss an XP that leaves the door open for them to beat us on a FG. You scumbag.

If a bad day from a kicker causes us to lose to the Browns, I'm not taking any blame.

He's fantastic, though if I'm being honest I do wish he had a bit more leg to him. It feels like he tries to overcompensate on 50+ yard field goals at times. Like he has the leg to make it from 54/55ish, but he tries to put so much power in to it that it messes with his accuracy. We're seriously blessed at kicker though, going from Del Greco to Nedney to Andersen/Hentrich to Bironas to now Succop.

I'm not sure we'll ever get to see anyone as good as Bironas was in his prime(people talk about how great Tucker is, and fair enough, but Bironas in his prime was Tucker before Tucker), but Succop is a nice follow up.

Archived