• Micah Parsons
    • Mac Jones
    • Kyle Pitts
    • Rashawn Slater
    • Patrick Surtain
    • Caleb Farley
    • Other

6 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Sorry didn’t realise your pick was already in.

Yeah, I was sweating both Cinci's pick and yours hoping Sewell would pass. I considered offering you a trade up. guess I could have played the game a little harder but I hope that in real life the Lions would run to the podium as fast as I did to make this pick.

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

Yeah, I was sweating both Cinci's pick and yours hoping Sewell would pass. I considered offering you a trade up. guess I could have played the game a little harder but I hope that in real life the Lions would run to the podium as fast as I did to make this pick.

Agreed - if Sewell is there, with 2x 2022 1st's already in our back pocket, drafting someone of his caliber just makes sense instead of getting extra picks in the future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

I thought if I took Sewell you may have given me a trade up for Pitts and if I took Pitts I could trade up with Panthers for Sewell.

I should have negotiated more before making my pick but didn’t want to delay too much. 
biggest thing was the drop off from Sewell to Slater/Darrisaw is less than the drop from Pitts to everyone else.

I also like the depth at tackle into the second round.

We may speak again about Flowers.

By the way folks, if Sewell had been taken at 5 or 6:

First option would have been trade down, but I probably wouldn't have listened much to offers going down to #16 or below

I would not have drafted Pitts in any case, and if Cinci had taken Sewell and Miami taken Pitts I would have taken Chase

If Chase and Sewell had been taken, as I expected and as the poll laid out, I would have taken... Jaylen Waddle. He's the fastest, can play inside or outside and is explosive as hell at slot WR, which would help us immediately

I would have passed on Parsons because linebacker at #7 isn't great value. Also, the things in his past are a concern, not so much on their own merits, but in the absence of further diligence, which I can't perform, you can't just assume he has nothing else in his closet. Now, in real life, if the Lions were to select him I would trust they had dived a little deeper. I'd take him at 10 or below, but in the top 10 you have to hit on a guy who's going to be there for you long-term. Now, Parsons vs. Sewell, there's no contest.

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 3

I went Jaylen Waddle. basically just remove who I dont like:

Smiths size scares me.

Parsons character

Mac Jones- im rolling with Goff this year. (Maybe Kellen Mond later)

Kyle Pitts- Very very close pick for me. Only went with Waddle for speed overall and ability to separate. We have Hock for 50/50 balls too. 

Slater- this was tough. im usually alllllll in on oline and passrush. (REALLY HOPE FOR TRADE DOWN) (And if we trade down I switch to Slater or Darrisaw)

Surtain- BEAST, but I worry about paying two top 1st rd picks back to back at corner (I like newsome III also in 2nd if there)

Farley- injured back (surgery i think) is enough to put him in 15-20 range. persoanlly i love horn too with Newsome)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

By the way folks, if Sewell had been taken at 5 or 6:

First option would have been trade down, but I probably wouldn't have listened much to offers going down to #16 or below

I would not have drafted Pitts in any case, and if Cinci had taken Sewell and Miami taken Pitts I would have taken Chase

If Chase and Sewell had been taken, as I expected and as the poll laid out, I would have taken... Jaylen Waddle. He's the fastest, can play inside or outside and is explosive as hell at slot WR, which would help us immediately

I would have passed on Parsons because linebacker at #7 isn't great value. Also, the things in his past are a concern, not so much on their own merits, but in the absence of further diligence, which I can't perform, you can't just assume he has nothing else in his closet. Now, in real life, if the Lions were to select him I would trust they had dived a little deeper. I'd take him at 10 or below, but in the top 10 you have to hit on a guy who's going to be there for you long-term. Now, Parsons vs. Sewell, there's no contest.

good explanation. im on board with this. If parsons was there at say 18. id take that value. even tho I personally like Zaven Collins AND Jok better. But I also am becoming Bias against Parsons. After reading those reports...I hate him lol. I hate a bully more then anything. AND HIS HISTORY PROVES he is a bully. Thats what you get when you have beast genetics and no parents at home showing him what respect is. on top of that knocking up his gf a few years ago...cant wait to see him drafted by the Raiders