Week 7 GDT - Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Our OL in the run game started the season so strong, but lately has been terrible. I wonder if it was just due to Shanny's schemes early on confusing teams. But man we certainly don't have the personnel to run all these outside zones or HB pitches.

Just now, steadypimpin said:

Well I guess we can know that we'll be getting a QB this offseason, Beathard doesn't have it.

Yeah, there hasn't been anything impressive from him the entire season or preseason. I'm not really sure what others were seeing that was inspiring a ton of hope. I always worry when the biggest compliments you pay to a guy are things like, "he's a gamer"

He'll have better days than this one, but I don't see an NFL starting quarterback there...just too many issues in his game. 

1 minute ago, steadypimpin said:

Well I guess we can know that we'll be getting a QB this offseason, Beathard doesn't have it.

I got to think that was the plan all along. I'd be so happy if we went into next season with Rosen as our starter.

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I got to think that was the plan all along. I'd be so happy if we went into next season with Rosen as our starter.

I still think that Shanny wants Cousins. Nothing to back that up, but I think that is plan A for he and Lynch. I think if we miss on that (because honestly, if you're Cousins, there are more appealing teams to play for, such as Jax, plus Washington may tag him again), then we get one through the draft. Luckily for us, FA before the draft :) 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, there hasn't been anything impressive from him the entire season or preseason. I'm not really sure what others were seeing that was inspiring a ton of hope. I always worry when the biggest compliments you pay to a guy are things like, "he's a gamer"

He'll have better days than this one, but I don't see an NFL starting quarterback there...just too many issues in his game. 

For me personally I just wanted to see what he had. My thought is that he'd be better than Hoyer, which I think he will be: That's a pretty low bar though. I'm 100% on drafting a QB early next year (hopefully Rosen) and have been since before the season started. 

On a side note, it looks like Reuben is down now. That's not ideal. 

There is no question to me Shanny has his eyes on Cousins. But if you're Cousins, why would you do that? This team isn't good, while your current team is and there are other options that are better. 

We are indeed lucky FA is before the draft unlike the NBA. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I still think that Shanny wants Cousins. Nothing to back that up, but I think that is plan A for he and Lynch. I think if we miss on that (because honestly, if you're Cousins, there are more appealing teams to play for, such as Jax, plus Washington may tag him again), then we get one through the draft. Luckily for us, FA before the draft :) 

I agree. I honestly could see Schneider giving Cousins a ton of money just to spite Kyle though. I wouldn't be upset with Cousins, but my preference is going young w/ a blue chip prospect. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Given that injury was the concern with Foster, it's not a good look that after suffering an injury in the first quarter of his first game and missing a few weeks he is down again in his first game back.

Yeah, it's a concern to say the least. 

Archived