Jet! (and Murray! too)

vike daddy

10 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

I thought the same thing initially, but it wouldn’t be necessary as we had plenty of cap space to sign Richardson for this year already. 

It wouldn't be necessary, but the restructure had to basically happen now.

Zimmer:  “The one thing we have to be careful about with Dalvin is, you know, we don’t wear him out. It’s a long season. We’ve got to be smart about it, so we’ll have to have a, not necessarily a pitch count, but be mindful that it’s a 16-game, maybe 20-game season, and we’re going to have to be smart about how we use him. Because he is a three-down back.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/25982/vikings-restructure-latavius-murrays-contract-entering-next-wave-of-free-agency

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Semperus. 

Its my own little world that I visit from time to time. Nice little place, not too fancy, but it’s a place I can call home. 

Sounds splendid... can you put me in touch with the tourism bureau?

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Semperus. 

Its my own little world that I visit from time to time. Nice little place, not too fancy, but it’s a place I can call home. 

when i go to my special world, vikus daddius, i sometimes watch tape of the Vikings' seven Super Bowl wins. four in the 70's, 1999, 2009, and this last one.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets made a strong bid to sign running back Jerick McKinnon when free agency got underway last week but found that the younger Shanahan “was bent on not getting beat in the bidding.”

McKinnon ultimately signed a four-year deal with the 49ers that is set to pay him $12 million in the first year and has an average annual value of $7.5 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/19/report-jets-made-big-push-for-jerick-mckinnon/

• 2 weeks later...

Zimmer gave McKinnon a hearty endorsement because he knew the Vikings had something special for a college player who lined up as an option quarterback and became a fully formed pro in his four years in Minnesota.

Zimmer:  “The first thing is, he’s a great kid. He works hard. He’s always got a smile on his face. He catches the ball extremely well. He became a much better runner last year. I think Kennedy Polamalu did a really good job with him. He hit the hole much better last year and accelerated out. He was good in pass protection even though he’s a smaller guy. We’re going to miss him. He’ll be another weapon for the 49ers with the rest of the guys they have. Jerick was a guy we drafted that came in and every year got better.”

“I knew he was going to get money. I obviously didn’t know it was going to be that high, but I’m always wrong with that stuff. But he’s worth it.”

As things currently stand, McKinnon is the fourth-highest paid running back in the NFL, behind only Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman and LeSean McCoy – all former rushing champions or combined yardage leaders.

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-coach-Mike-Zimmer-Jerick-McKinnon-worth-it-for-49ers-116812178

Archived