Who would you trade up for and how much would you be willing to give?

brownie man

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Especially this year given the all the issues with the 2020 college season, the lack of a combine, issues with getting good medical data, etc., this isn’t the best time to take a swing for the fences as the data is pretty limited on a lot of guys.

What's fascinating to me and a definitive caution as well, is that you're looking at about 1-2 defenders in the Top 15 picks. Granted, while the offensive class of talent is and appears to be loaded this year, in a COVID year where teams got very little time to plan and practice, there were 0 fans in the stands in most places, and the nature of how that almost always plays to the offensive side of the ball, I think that some real defensive talent is going to drop this year, even past the first round. 

I'd be willing to wager that a lot of these guys didn't get the benefit of homefield, the coaching and adjustments needed (no fault of anyone's tbh), or the practice and game reps necessary to improve their games and gel as units.

I'm personally skeptical of a good portion of these quarterbacks coming out of nowhere (Mac Jones, Wilson) and another that didn't even play at all (Lance) being as innately successful as it seems from a foregone conclusion standpoint.

I thought Chase and Smith were the real deal last year (and the years before with Smith), and some other guys have some years of production to match, but some of these off ball linebackers that are falling/will fall, and maybe even a couple of these hybrid CB/S guys in other years likely wouldn't due to their units playing better as a whole.

I'm probably showing my bias as a defensive guy in some regard here, but I'm fascinated by it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

What's fascinating to me and a definitive caution as well, is that you're looking at about 1-2 defenders in the Top 15 picks. Granted, while the offensive class of talent is and appears to be loaded this year, in a COVID year where teams got very little time to plan and practice, there were 0 fans in the stands in most places, and the nature of how that almost always plays to the offensive side of the ball, I think that some real defensive talent is going to drop this year, even past the first round. 

I'd be willing to wager that a lot of these guys didn't get the benefit of homefield, the coaching and adjustments needed (no fault of anyone's tbh), or the practice and game reps necessary to improve their games and gel as units.

I'm personally skeptical of a good portion of these quarterbacks coming out of nowhere (Mac Jones, Wilson) and another that didn't even play at all (Lance) being as innately successful as it seems from a foregone conclusion standpoint.

I thought Chase and Smith were the real deal last year (and the years before with Smith), and some other guys have some years of production to match, but some of these off ball linebackers that are falling/will fall, and maybe even a couple of these hybrid CB/S guys in other years likely wouldn't due to their units playing better as a whole.

I'm probably showing my bias as a defensive guy in some regard here, but I'm fascinated by it.

Yeah the love for these QB’s is pretty wild.  I hope they all go top 10 though lol, like 5 of them.  Then have a nice long run on OT’s.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah the love for these QB’s is pretty wild.  I hope they all go top 10 though lol, like 5 of them.  Then have a nice long run on OT’s.

I'm rooting for that kid from Stanford and Trask from Florida to vault themselves into the Top 20 as well as about 5 Offensive Tackles, Micah Parsons, and Jason Oweh. Really rooting for those kids come draft night! LOL

• Like 3