Who would you trade up for and how much would you be willing to give?

brownie man

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Zaven Collins - a our second third and a 5th   One of my favorite players in the draft. I think a stud linebacker would make a much bigger impact than people are letting on. Look at Tampa Devin White and Lavonte played a huge part in the SuperBowl run. 

only issue is Collins doesnt move like those guys. Collins has bulked up hardcore. He is close to 270. I like him but im not sure he will play like the guys you mentioned

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

What do you think about him bulking up to 270 to play DE.

Nah I think he’s a linebacker all the way. If you watch the tape he’s great in coverage. He doesn’t even rush the passer from the edge hardly. 

He was linebacker of the year for a reason and it shows on tape. I don’t care about his weight dude is an athlete. 

Just now, brownie man said:

Nah I think he’s a linebacker all the way. If you watch the tape he’s great in coverage. He doesn’t even rush the passer from the edge hardly. 

He was linebacker of the year for a reason and it shows on tape. I don’t think his weight will hamper his coverage ability dude is an athlete. I wouldn’t want him to be bigger than 270 though. I like how he looked on tape at 260. If 270 is too much have him drop it  

I’d prefer to trade up from the third into the second for one of the wide receivers or linebackers on the board, or from the fourth to the third. I’d be willing to give up some later round picks and play the quality over quantity game at this point as opposed to trading up in the first.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

He was linebacker of the year for a reason and it shows on tape. I don’t care about his weight dude is an athlete. 

how many NFL LBs do you seeing playing between 260-270 in todays game?

thats the only concerning issue. 

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I'm not sure he'll be a DE either. Isaiah Simmons all over again.

I loved Isiah Simmons coming out. His issue is I dont think Arizona knew how to use him.  I dont think their scheme was set up to utilize a player like him. really curious on how they use him. 

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d prefer to trade up from the third into the second for one of the wide receivers or linebackers on the board, or from the fourth to the third. I’d be willing to give up some later round picks and play the quality over quantity game at this point as opposed to trading up in the first.

I would like to see all our picks happen in the first 3 rds. I would really like them to use the 3rd to go after the players they really want. dont sit and see who falls but be aggressive and get the guys you like in that round

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I would like to see all our picks happen in the first 3 rds. I would really like them to use the 3rd to go after the players they really want. dont sit and see who falls but be aggressive and get the guys you like in that round

I don’t hate this philosophy as long as we have around 5 picks total.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be shocked if we end the weekend with only 5 picks unless we end up moving picks for ‘22 picks.

I’d be surprised as well. I’m personally fine if we had 5 picks total all in the first 3 rounds though. I’m also fine trading mid and late picks for proven players like we did with Juice a few years ago.

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

I loved Isiah Simmons coming out. His issue is I dont think Arizona knew how to use him.  I dont think their scheme was set up to utilize a player like him. really curious on how they use him. 

When you have a player who does not have a position, and you have to design your defense around them, you have a problem.  I don't know why anyone would want to draft a problem.

7 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

When you have a player who does not have a position, and you have to design your defense around them, you have a problem.  I don't know why anyone would want to draft a problem.

thats on the GM and DC,  not the player. They had no idea how to use him. I would they greatly dropped the ball on him. He would be great for us as that 3rd safety who can roll between LB and Box safety