Who would you trade up for and how much would you be willing to give?

brownie man

17 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

If you say so. That's not what I want to spend my 1st round pick on.

Man Fred Warner is a stud who really causes problems on the second level and the biggest key

TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES CAUSED BY THE FRONT 4 

get you a 6-5 linebacker with size and range who can take tipped passes to the house and can cover guys like Kelce and Kittle 

telling you guys just watch Collins if he goes to a decent team is going to be a flat out stud. Linebacker can be a very valuable position especially when you know your only going to be playing two. Get you two GOOD ONES. Phillips is your future Mike Taki and Mack haven’t shown much consistently and Walker we know isn’t a pro bowl level player. Get a stud next to Phillips as your tandem for the next 8 years  

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man Fred Warner is a stud who really causes problems on the second level and the biggest key

TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES CAUSED BY THE FRONT 4 

get you a 6-5 linebacker with size and range who can take tipped passes to the house and can cover guys like Kelce and Kittle 

telling you guys just watch Collins if he goes to a decent team is going to be a flat out stud. Linebacker can be a very valuable position especially when you know your only going to be playing two. Get you two GOOD ONES. Phillips is your future Mike Taki and Mack haven’t shown much consistently and Walker we know isn’t a pro bowl level player. Get a stud next to Phillips as your tandem for the next 8 years  

Takitaki has had two pick sixes off tipped balls. You don't need to be 6'5" to catch tipped balls. Hell, Porter Gustin had an INT off a tipped ball. You don't need a 1st round LB for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

telling you guys just watch Collins if he goes to a decent team is going to be a flat out stud.

I’ve said repeatedly he will be good if he lands with a team that employs Belichecks scheme. That’s an actual scheme that exists. 

The entire philosophy of that defense is to use huge af LBs to act as your pass rushers on blitzes and stunts. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 3-4 or 4-3. Zaven would kill it in that system.

We do NOT run that system.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

The reason I advocate trading up is the fact PFF and most analysts believe there are only 18 impact players in this draft which is rather strong 1-100.  I believe we need another impact player on D or stud WR on O.  Otherwise, I think we should trade down if we don’t find an impact player.

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

The reason I advocate trading up is the fact PFF and most analysts believe there are only 18 impact players in this draft

Eh, this same thing is said every year but it’s not that simple.

It implies that every team grades players equally, which they certainly don’t.  Each team may identify 15-20 first round talents, but they’re not necessarily the same 15-20 guys, it may be 25-30 different players depending on scheme fit. Whether you need to move up to get a guy you view as an impact player depends on how the board falls in front of you.

8 minutes ago, #32 said:

which is rather strong 1-100.

Which is exactly why a team wouldn’t want to give up picks in that range. 

If we can’t find one impact player in this draft at 26 or even lower, we’ve got a problem.

I’m not saying no to a trade up, maybe that’s a great option depending on who falls and what the cost is, but I’m not sure how we’re advocating that without knowing any of the variables.

TBH, I think we need to re-evaluate what an "impact player" is at this juncture. We already have a decent amount of them between Myles, Ward, Chubb, Hunt, Juice, OBJ, 5 very capable OL (2-3 of which are Pro Bowlers/All Pros in Teller, Bitonio, Conklin). We don't need to draft an All Pro at 26, but we need a dude who will be an above average starter, preferably at a position of need.

If that's a WR who adds another deep threat dimension, it's a win.

If that's an EDGE guy who can come in and be a great situational rusher, it's a win.

If that's a DT who can come in and be a great run stopper and blow plays up in the backfield, it's a win.

If that's a CB who can be a staple opposite Ward, it's a win.

If that's a solid 3 down linebacker, it's a win.

JMHO

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I think we need to re-evaluate what an "impact player" is at this juncture. We already have a decent amount of them between Myles, Ward, Chubb, Hunt, Juice, OBJ, 5 very capable OL (2-3 of which are Pro Bowlers/All Pros in Teller, Bitonio, Conklin). We don't need to draft an All Pro at 26, but we need a dude who will be an above average starter, preferably at a position of need.

If that's a WR who adds another deep threat dimension, it's a win.

If that's an EDGE guy who can come in and be a great situational rusher, it's a win.

If that's a DT who can come in and be a great run stopper and blow plays up in the backfield, it's a win.

If that's a CB who can be a staple opposite Ward, it's a win.

If that's a solid 3 down linebacker, it's a win.

JMHO

Man oh man, completely agree.

I don’t think we need a home run, just a solid double would be huge.

Just can’t whiff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man oh man, completely agree.

I don’t think we need a home run, just a solid double would be huge.

Just can’t whiff.

In all seriousness, if we ended up drafting a 21 year old who replicated Sheldon Richardson's production last year going forward the next 5 years, that's a win.

If we get a WR who is an immediate red zone/deep threat who can then be depended upon by 2022/2023 to be a viable solid starter, I'm taking that.

A #2 CB who is healthy and solid or even an off ball linebacker who is the next Joe Shobert would be fine with me.

What we can't have is the next Justin Gilbert or Barkevius Mingo.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have some dude step in and become the next Ray Lewis or J.J. Watt, but if I presented you the option of any of those 3 or "whatever happens, happens", I think people would be foolish to pass on a "sure thing" given the nature of the draft.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think people would be foolish to pass on a "sure thing" given the nature of the draft.

Especially this year given the all the issues with the 2020 college season, the lack of a combine, issues with getting good medical data, etc., this isn’t the best time to take a swing for the fences as the data is pretty limited on a lot of guys.